Space Impact Process
The Space Impact process allows departments to request authorization to proceed with modification to university space. Typically, this process is used for:
- Adding/modifying signage
- Renovating/remodeling space (excludes routine maintenance)
- Adding temporary space (e.g. trailers)
- Locating aesthetic items (e.g. sculptures, trees, banners, etc.)
- Adding walls and or cubicles
Facilities Management coordinates this process; however, it is not the authorizer for the final approval/disapproval. If you are not the contact person for the project, please include the name, email address, and phone number of the person with which the Project Manager will be working.
A Space Impact Form (PDF) should be used by departments to initiate this process. A Facilities Management representative will forward this request to other relevant stakeholders and coordinate the responses. The customer will then be advised of the decision.
In order for a Space Impact Form to be processed, it must be signed by an authorized approver. You can find the designee appointment forms below.
- Routine Space Impact Request Designee Appointment
- Non-Routine/Other Space Impact Request Designee Appointment