Person with Disability
USF PATS meets ADA requirements to provide equitable access to disabled parking spaces across campus.
- A USF parking permit is required for all individuals parking on-campus. Individuals using a disabled space are required to display their State Disabled placard/license plate and their USF student, employee, or visitor permit (NOTE: Individuals using Y/Park-N-Ride permit can only park in disabled spaces in Y/Park-N-Ride lots); both, the USF and disabled permit must be visibly displayed.
- Visitors with a valid Disabled Veteran license plate are not required to display a USF parking permit.
- All spaces designated for the disabled are reserved twenty-four (24) hours a day/seven (7) days a week.
- In the event that all disabled spaces are occupied, you may use any non-reserved, non-marked parking space close to your destination.
- Unauthorized parking in a Disabled Space or inappropriate use of a disabled placard is a $275 fine.
PATS is sensitive to the needs of individuals with disabilities and should you need any further information or assistance, feel free to contact us by email: email@example.com or by phone: 813-974-3990.
Bull Runner is committed to serving people with disabilities in accordance with its
obligations under the ADA. All buses used on Bull Runner routes are equipped with
a lift or ramp to provide ADA access. Passengers with disabilities or with seriously
reduced mobility may use the lift or ramp. All mobility devices must be secured on
our buses. The Bull Runner uses a four point Qstrant securement system.
Call Ahead for Accessible Space
Students who use adaptive equipment (walkers, crutches, wheelchairs) and service animals, may call the USF Bull Runner to notify staff that an accessible space on a specific bus route is needed. Students should place calls to (813) 974-6902. Inform the dispatch office of your name, the bus route you will be using and the bus stop where you will board the Bull Runner. Calls should be placed 30 minutes prior to when the student wishes to ride the Bull Runner.
Announcements are made through our Automated Vehicle Annunciator System (AVAS), powered by Syncromatics, on all regular routes. Announcements include major destinations, points along the route that allow passengers to orientate themselves to locations, as well as exterior route identifications. In the case of AVAS failure, drivers are required to verbally make stop announcements. Announcements will also be made by request.
Questions, Comments or Concerns with Accessibility?
Contact USF ADA Assistant Director, Maggie Denney at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 813-974-8616.