Office of Communication and Community Engagement
The Office of Communication and Community Engagement (CCE) is comprised of three main areas: Events, Marketing and Communications, and Technology.
Each area provides separate services, and we also work as one unit to provide services that involve all three groups.
The events team is a one-stop resource for event planning and coordination for on- and off-campus events. Services include all aspects of the event planning cycle, including determining goals and objectives, selecting dates and locations, catering, budgeting and event promotion.
We partner with CAS departments, centers and institutes to:
- Provide planning and coordinating
- Handle all aspects of the planning process from beginning to end
- Create experiences that reinforce USF’s brand in the community, nationally and internationally for events on and off campus.
Marketing, Design and Photography
The CCE Marketing team supports a wide range of initiatives, varying in scope, complexity, and execution. We consider ourselves ambassadors of the university and its overarching brand.
Our team focuses on building awareness and increasing support for the college, and USF, as we continue our upward trajectory and work toward becoming an AAU member. We aim to achieve this by supporting the university’s marketing and communications strategy, developing, and promoting college-wide research and achievements, and by collaborating with our partners across all three campuses to raise awareness and engage the supporters and the public we serve.
When we receive a request, we evaluate each to determine the connection to the USF Strategic Plan, marketing goals, and department, unit, or institutional priorities.
Below is a list that showcases some of the items, assets, or projects we support. View our marketing portfolio for examples of our work.
Graphic Design and Video
- Social media
- Web Graphics
- Digital Screen Graphics
- Promotional Materials
- Video and Photo Support (support determined on case-by case basis)
Communications and Content Writing
- Brand messaging
- News Stories (HUB)
- Video Scripts
- Cross-campus Outreach
- Social Media Management (CAS)
- Email Marketing
- Direct Media Outreach (local)
Please keep in mind, the success of a given project is dependent on the partnership between our office and the individual requesting service(s). We kindly ask that submitters be an active participant in this partnership.
IT IS OUR MISSION TO MAKE SURE YOUR MATERIALS ARE BEAUTIFULLY BRANDED AND DISTINCTIVELY USF
The technology area supports all goals related to web and general technology needs. We serve as a bridge to USF Information Technology. The technology team assists with maintenance of all websites for CAS administration, departments, centers, and institutes. We also provide technical support for the college.
Technology Support We Provide:
- Support for the CAS Dean's Office with large-scale projects, such as a recent 600 desktop machine roll out and Apple orders
- Future proofing the college (e.g. Windows 7 to Windows 10 rollout, Asset Management Tracking)
- Working with departments and USF IT AV Team on conference room upgrades
- Working with UCM’s Digital Media team and IT to support departments and faculty with all things IT, including shared emails and access to systems when moving from one group to another
- Working with USF Foundation’s Advance Operations team to provide a dedicated marketing email tool (Sales Force Marketing Cloud) and aligning our efforts with Alumni/Donor digital engagement
- Updating custom web applications
Web Support We Provide:
- Migrating your web content from legacy platforms into OU Campus CMS
- Content management for your website including PDFs and image files
- Working with departments to help keep your website current
- Training users in OU Campus CMS
- Applying Web standards and best practices, including SEO, ADA compliance and mobile responsiveness
- Creating vanity URLs and tracking URLS
- Providing Google Analytics reports and URL metrics for the end user
- Assisting with image sizing for web