Way to the USF Campus at Tampa
You may arrive at Tampa International Airport (TPA), which ranked #1 for the business travel and #2 for passenger satisfaction in USA (J.D. Power 2017). From the airport, you may use various ground transportations to the USF campus. General information about ground transportations available at the airport can be found here.
- Bus (1hour): You may take 275LX and get off at University Area Transit Center. You can find the route map here. It costs $2.
- Taxi (30min): Above link provides the list of taxi companies available at the airport. Most of the companies offer online reservation services 24/7, and if you're arriving at/departing from the airport too early or too late, then taxi would be the only available option. It costs $70 (including tips) to the USF campus in general.
- Ride sharing (30min): Ride sharing services like Uber and Lyft are very active and popular in USA. You can easily find a ride from the airport, which costs around $30 to the USF campus in general.
- Car rent (30min): If you're planning to go sightseeing outside the USF campus, you would need to rent a car. Above link provides the list of rent car companies available at the airport. Compact cars cost around $85 per day in general.
Sightseeing: Tampa Bay Area
In May, Tampa has average maximum tempature around 31C (88F) and is mostly sunny, so please be careful for daytime outside activities. Along with St. Petersburg and Clearwater, Tampa is considered to be in the Tampa Bay Area, which provides beautiful beaches, recreation activities and cultural experience. Below is the list of points of interest that you may want to visit.
- The Florida Aquarium, a home to more than 7,000 aquatic plants and animals.
Clearwater Beach has been named the No.1 beach in the U.S. by TripAdvisor in 2018 and 2019.
- Lettuce Lake park, a local nature preserve park close to campus where you can greet alligators and other forms of Florida wildlife.
- The Salvador Dali Museum houses the largest collection of Salvador Dali's works outside Europe.
- John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art. The most celebrated items in
the museum are 16th–20th-century European paintings, including a worldrenowned
collection of Peter Paul Rubens paintings.
- Busch Gardens Tampa Bay ranks #11 among theme parks in North America in annual attendance, and famous for a number of thrilling attractions.
- ZooTampa at Lowry Park was voted for #1 family friendly zoo in the U.S. by Parents Magazine in 2009.
- If you're interested in Major League Baseball, you can watch Tampa Bay Rays' game at Tropicana Field.
- Ybor City is a National Historic Landmark District estabilished by immigrants mainly from Cuba, Spain and Italy, and famous for cigar industry.
- The Chihuly Collection is a stunning, permanent collection of world-renowned artist Dale Chihuly's unique artwork.
Orlando is around 1 to 1.5 hours drive from Tampa, and is well known for the world's most popular theme parks including:
...and even further
- Kennedy Space Center is around 2 hours drive from Tampa.