Admitted Transfer Student Information
General Information for all College of Arts and Sciences students can be found on the College's New Transfer Student Page.
This following is specifically for transfer students who intend to major in the Chemistry Department. To view all of our degrees and the required coursework for each, please visit our website: Degree Information.
Register for a Mandatory Campus Orientation
If you have not already done so, you must register for one of the campus orientation sessions. Please follow the links below to register for the appropriate session.
International students should be sure to attend International Student Orientation.
Once you have registered for orientation, you should make a Pre-Orientation appointment with one of the Chemistry Advisors. A Pre-Orientation Advising session will provide you with all of the necessary information to transition successfully into the University of South Florida and give you the opportunity to register for courses prior to your orientation date.
If you elect not to schedule a Pre-Orientation advising appointment, you will need to wait until your scheduled orientation session in order to register for courses. We encourage all of our students to schedule one of these appointments, as early as possible, as Chemistry courses tend to fill up quickly.
To schedule a Pre-Orientation appointment, please follow the instructions below:
- Log-in to the USF E-scheduler with your Net-ID, by clicking on the button below
- Select Tampa Campus
- Click on Chemistry or Biomedical Sciences Area
- Choose Pre-Orientation Advising as your Reason for Appointment
- Select a date and time, most convenient for you
You can schedule appointments up to 2 weeks in advance. As a Pre-Orientation transfer student, if you are having trouble scheduling an available appointment within the next 2 weeks, please email the Chemistry Advisors at Chemadvise@usf.edu.
We feel that in-person appointments are the most effective way to assist students in their transfer to the university. However, we do not want a student's inability to travel to the USF Tampa campus from excluding them from the benefits of early advisement and registration. If you are unable to attend an in-person appointment (i.e. Out-of State students), please contact us at Chemadvise@usf.edu, so that we can see if alternative arrangements can be made.
Prepare for your Advising Appointment
Please complete the following prior to your Pre-Orientation Advising Appointment:
- Watch the College of Arts and Sciences College Overview. Please feel free to pause, rewind, and rewatch this video. Bring any questions you have with you to your appointment.
- Watch the Chemistry Advising Presentation
- Review the Chemistry Major degree sheets and come prepared to choose your major.
- Review the D/F Policy.
- Watch the MyOrientation video and familiarize yourself with your OASIS, DegreeWorks, and the Schedule Search.
- Check your Account Holds in OASIS and work to remove them, as these can delay your registration.
We look forward to meeting with you soon!
Out-of-State or Private School Transfer Students
Science and math courses taken at Out-of-State and/or or private schools will need to be evaluated. This process has many steps and can take some time to complete. To start this process early, please review the Transfer Course Evaluation Page. You can also find links to the Chemistry, Math and Physics departments' course evaluation instructions here as well.
Prepare for Registration
Advisors will not register you for classes.
- Once you have met with an advisor, you will be informed of the date and time in which you are eligible to register.
- To Register for Classes, log-in to your OASIS account. If you need help navigating OASIS, watch the USF OASIS Tutorial.
Note: Registration occurs through the first week of the semester. Students will add and drop classes constantly. Therefore, if you are not able to get your perfect schedule initially, please continue to watch for seats to become available.
If you have been instructed to request course permits, be sure to submit your permit requests as early as possible.
Important Transfer Student Handouts
- Declare your major here: http://www.cas.usf.edu/students/ug/declare/
- Transfer Orientation Step-by-Step Guide
- Transfer Science Student Course Evaluation & Permit Information
- Excess Hours Information
- Division of Health Professions Advising Information: http://www.cas.usf.edu/healthprofessions/advising/