Concentrations will be available in five high-demand job areas:
● Data Science & Analytics, which emphasizes deep knowledge discovery through data exploration, analysis, and inference.
Job opportunities for these graduates include: Data Scientist, Data Analyst, Business Analyst, Advanced Analytics Professional, and Database Administrator.
● Information Security, which emphasizes cybersecurity and protecting information or data from unauthorized access, use, misuse, disclosure, destruction, modification, or disruption.
Job opportunities for these graduates include: Cybersecurity Analyst, Information Security Analyst, Security Architect; SOC Analyst, and Information Security Officer.
● Health Informatics, which emphasizes design, development, adoption, and application of IT-based innovations in healthcare services delivery, management, and planning.
Job opportunities for these graduates include: Health Informaticist, Health Information Analyst, Electronic Medical Records Administrator, Health Informatics Director, and Healthcare IT Project Manager.
● Web Development Technologies, which emphasizes full-stack (front-end and back-end) Web Development and Design.
Job opportunities for these graduates include: Web Developer, Full Stack Developer, UX Designer, Web Programmer, and Web Application Developer.
● Intelligence Analysis, which introduces the profession and practice of intelligence, and emphasizes analytic methods for generating actionable knowledge to inform critical decisions.
Job opportunities for these graduates include: Intelligence Analyst, Intelligence Specialist, Intelligence Researcher, Competitive Intelligence Analyst, and Criminal Intelligence Analyst.
Watch this short video from the Undergraduate Program director Dr. John Sullivan about the BSIS program concentrations.