Master's in Liberal Arts with a Concentration in Africana Studies
*Due to Covid-19 and the fact that not everyone has access to take the GRE we are waiving the GRE requirement for the fall 2020 semester.
*The Fall 2020 master deadline has been extended to July 1st.
*Students admitted for Summer 2020 fall under the 2020-2021 Graduate Catalog.
The School of Interdisciplinary Global Studies at the University of South Florida offers a master's in liberal arts with a concentration in Africana studies. For a listing of the admission requirements, students should consult the Graduate Catalog.
Students must apply for admission through the Office of Graduate Admissions. The School of Interdisciplinary Global Studies admits for the fall and spring semesters.
Additional information on admission requirements:
- The statement of purpose should discuss your academic experience and your interest in graduate work in Africana Studies.
- The writing sample should be double spaced and not exceed 20 pages.
- Our department requires three (3) letters of recommendation. They should be signed on letterheads and come from sources who can speak to your academic and/or professional experience in ways that will inform readers of your potential as a graduate student.
- Our department requires a current CV or résumé.
- Our department requires official GRE scores. There is no minimum required score, but the average scores of previously accepted applicants have been approximately 160 verbal, 152 analytical, and 5 writing.
*International students should review the Office of Admissions International Students website for additional information and requirements.
*International students are also encouraged to contact the Office of International Services for information on visas, international travel, etc.