Multilingual Writing Center
Welcome to the Multilingual Writing Center!
Who We Are
The Multilingual Writing Center offers FREE one-on-one writing consultations to international and/or multilingual USF graduate students from any field who may encounter unique challenges in the academic writing process.
What We Do
We hold 45-minute sessions in which you’ll be working one-on-one with Sean Farrell, a doctoral student in the USF Linguistics and Applied Language Studies program and a writing consultant with several years' experience working at writing centers and teaching composition.
We assist at all stages of the writing process, including brainstorming, drafting, revising, and editing. Common topics of discussion include structure, cohesion, grammatical clarity, and expectations for academic writing.
In-person and by appointment ONLY!
How it Works
Simply make an appointment online using the link above. When it’s time to meet, head to the Language Lab, Cooper Hall 467, to meet with your consultant. ALL sessions are in-person.
fall 2022 Hours of Operation
|Monday||10am - 2pm|
|Tuesday||10am - 2pm|
|Wednesday||1pm - 5pm|
|Thursday||1pm - 5pm|
Writing Center Policies
Please read our policies carefully:
- Sessions must be made at least 24 hours in advance.
- You can only make one appointment per day. This means that you can make up to four appointments a week.
- Please arrive on time. If you are more than 15 minutes late, you will need to reschedule.
- Please bring an in-progress writing project. There's not much we can do if you're not currently writing something!
- Please bring all relevant materials. For instance, if you're working on a class assignment, bring the instructions. If you've already received feedback from an instructor, bring that too.
Contact Sean Farrell at email@example.com.