The Proteomics Core Facility provides expertise in biological mass spectrometry for large-scale protein identification and characterization as well as quantitative proteomics-based workflows. The facility is equipped with high-performance mass spectrometers with electrospray ionization sources coupled to nano-flow liquid chromatographs - ideal for proteomics applications. Services include accurate mass analysis of intact proteins and small molecules, one-dimensional separation (e.g. ion-exchange chromatography, SDS-PAGE, Gel-FREE), isotope labeling for multiplex relative and absolute quantitation of proteins from normal, disease and drug-treated states, posttranslational modification enrichment and characterization, and label-free relative quantitation of cell and tissue extracts. We provide on-site training to undergraduate/graduate students and post-doctoral scholars.
Major Equipment and Instrumentation
- Hybrid linear ion trap-Orbitrap (LTQ Orbitrap XL, Thermo) nLC/MS
- Linear ion trap (LTQ XL, Thermo) nLC/MS
- Triple quadrupole (TSQ Quantum Ultra, Thermo) nLC or LC/MS
- Hybrid Quadrupole-Orbitrap (Q Exactive Plus, Thermo) nUPLC/MS
- Protein Informatics Software