Diana M. Hechavarria is an associate professor of entrepreneurship in the School of Marketing and Innovation. She teaches social and global entrepreneurship, strategic and technical entrepreneurship and business planning.
She has been published in journals such as Entrepreneurship Theory & Practice, the Journal of Business Ethics, Small Business Economics, the International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behavior & Research, and a number of other international journals.
She earned a PhD in business administration from the University of Cincinnati, a master's degree in liberal studies from Florida International University in Miami and a bachelor's degree in sociology from University of Florida.
- ENT 6930 - Social Entrepreneurship
- ENT 6930 - Global Entrepreneurship
- ENT 6116 - Business Planning
- ENT 6126 - Strategic Entrepreneurship
- EIN 6324 - Technical Entrepreneurship
- Hechavarria, D.M., Bullough, A., Brush, C., Edleman, L., (2019), "High Growth Women’s Entrepreneurship: Fueling Social and Economic Development," Journal of Small Business Management. https://doi.org/10.1111/jsbm.12503
- Brieger, S., Terjesen, S., Hechavarria, D. M., Welzel C., (2018), "Prosociality in Business: A Human Empowerment Framework," Journal of Business Ethics. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10551-018-4045-5
- Hechavarria, D.M. Trijesen, S., Stenholm, P., Brännback, M., and Lång, S., (2018), "More Than Words: The Impact of Language of Female Venturing," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice. https://doi.org/10.1111/etap.12278
- Hechavarria, D. M. and Ingram, A., (2018), "Entrepreneurial Ecosystem Conditions and Gendered National-Level Entrepreneurial Activity: A 14-Year Panel Study of GEM," Small Business Economics. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11187-018-9994-7
- Kwapisz, A., & Hechavarria, D. M., (2018), "Women Don’t Ask: An Investigation of Start-Up Financing and Gender," Venture Capital, 20(2), 159-190. https://doi.org/10.1080/13691066.2017.1345119
- Member, program committees of several academic conferences such as the Academy of Management, the U.S. Association for Small Business and Entrepreneurship and the International Council for Small Business.
- Editorial board member, Small Business Economics, Journal of Small Business Management, Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice and Management Decision.
- Coordinator, the annual Fintech Business Plan Competition at the Muma College of Business
- Adviser, I-Corps Program Committee for USF Connect.
- Member, Junior League of Tampa