Patrick J. Moreo is the dean of USF's Muma College of Business School of Hospitality and Tourism Management. He was apponted dean in 2016 and is responsible for providing leadership to the faculty, students and industry constituents. He brings to USF more than 30 years of experience in college hospitality programs. Prior to his appointment, he was a professor and associate dean at the University of Nevada Las Vegas' William F. Harrah College of Hotel Administration.
There, he oversaw the teaching of restaurant and catering operations of the college. He also led the International Gaming Institute and the Hospitality Research and Development Center. Before his move to Las Vegas, he served as the director of the School of Hotel and Restaurant Administration at Oklahoma State University where he was the Lanphere Professor, teaching primarily in the hotel operations area. He also directed the Hospitality Studies in Switzerland Program and taught in the school’s Asia Doctoral Program. Moreo assisted in the planning and execution of two new buildings, served as co-director and cofounder of the Summer Studies in Switzerland Program and was the director of the graduate program in the College of Hotel Administration at UNLV.
Moreo’s professional experience includes positions as a consultant for Pannel Kerr Forster and Company (now PKF Consulting), manager of Howard Johnson Motor Lodges and food service management in the U.S. Navy. He has participated in many consulting assignments and conducted numerous seminars on front office management.
Moreo earned a PhD and bachelor's degree from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas and a master's degree in professional studies from Cornell University.
- HFT 3894 International Food and Culture
- HFT 4937 Speakers' Series
- HMG 6267 Graduate Restaurant Management
- HMG 6259 Graduate Lodging Management
- HFT Undergraduate Internship
- HMG 6946 Graduate Internship
- HMG 6972 Masters Thesis
- Hospitality Education
- Hotel Operational Auditing
- Hospitality Organizational Behavior
- Culinary Scholarship
- Dean of the School of Hospitality and Tourism Management
- CHRIE Deans and Directors Council
- Visit Sarasota Board of Directors
- Florida Lodging and Restaurant Association Suncost Chapter Board of Directors
- Manatee Technical College Advisory Board