Richard Plank is a professor in the School of Marketing and Innovation, where he teaches various courses in marketing and supply chain management.
His research interests are in the area of buyer-seller interactions in business markets. He focuses on the performance of organizational buyers and sellers as well as strategic approaches to supply chain management. He has one book, 80 journal articles and more than 80 papers presented at conferences. His work has resulted in almost 3,900 cites by colleagues in peer reviewed journals. He has extensive consulting experience, primarily with medium technology and engineered product-based organizations. He serves on several editorial boards and has served in local management positions for both ISM and APICS. Prior to his academic career, he spent nearly a decade in private industry, primarily with engineered products organizations.
Plank earned PhD in marketing from the City University of New York, an MBA from Seton Hall University and a bachelor's degree in marketing from St. Peters College.
- MAR 6936 - Sustainable Marketing
- MAR 6336 - Promotional Management
- MAR 3823 - Marketing Management
- Carlin Nyguen, Andrew Artis, Richard E. Plank, and Paul Solomon, (2019), “Dimensions of Effective Sales Coaching: Scale Development and Validation," Journal of Personal Selling and Sales Management, forthcoming.
- Mary Shoemaker, Robert Hooker, and Richard E. Plank, (2019), “Developing Formative Measures for Understanding the Use of Social Media by Salespeople," Journal of Selling, forthcoming.
- Richard E. Plank, David A Reid, Steven Koppitsch, and Jeffrey Meyer, (2018), “The Sales Manager as a Unit of Analysis: A Review and Directions for Future Research," Journal of Personal Selling and Sales Management. 38, 1, 78-91.
- David A. Reid, Richard Plank, Robert M Peterson, Gregory A Rich, (2017), “Examining the Use of Sales Force Management Practices," Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing, 32,7, 974-986.
- Anne Gottfried, Scott Ambrose and Richard E. Plank, (2017), "Inside Sales Force and
Gender: Mediating Effects of Intrinsic Motivation on Sales Controls and Performance," Journal of Selling, 17, 1 20-36.
- Member, Faculty Senate Graduate Council, 2016-18
- Chair, Faculty Senate Graduate Council 2016-18
- Secretary, ISM Central Florida 2015-17
- Member, USF Sabbatical Leave Committee, 2015-17