About the College
Points of Pride
The USF Muma College of Business boasts one of the nation's best accounting schools, a top-ranked entrepreneurship center, a nationally-ranked MBA program, and world-class research faculty. The USF Muma College of Business and Lynn Pippenger School of Accountancy are separately accredited by AACSB International-the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. The hallmark of excellence in business education, AACSB's Board of Directors reaffirmed USF's accreditation in 2018, one of just 188 institutions worldwide certified for quality in both overall business and accounting programs.
- The Muma College of Business' online MBA program ranked No. 26 – No. 19 among public universities – on the U.S. News and World Report’s annual survey released in January 2021. The program made huge strides from its ranking at No. 95 last year in the same survey. Additionally, Online MBA Report, in its most recent ranking, placed the online MBA program No. 25 on a list of the 50 best online MBA programs in the United States. Poets&Quants named the online MBA program No. 25 in its ranking of the Best Online MBA Programs of 2021. The Best Schools ranking of the 50 best online MBA programs in the nation put online MBA program at No. 29.
- The USF Vinik Sport & Entertainment Management Program was ranked No. 6 in the world and No. 5 in the United States by SportBusiness International, which sifted through 1,000 survey responses from alumni and course leaders of programs around the world to rank the top 40 institutions in 2019. This program has enjoyed a near 100 percent job placement rate since its 2012 inception.
- The Information Systems and Decision Sciences Department was ranked No. 30 in business school research rankings compiled by the University of Texas at Dallas. The rankings are based on scores of more than 300 business schools and colleges across North America and include data collected from the three top research journal publications between Jan. 1, 2014 and Dec. 31, 2016. USF scored higher than all other public universities in the state except the University of Florida.
- The part-time MBA program ranked No. 102 among public and private universities in the U.S. News and World Report's Best Business Schools Rankings for 2022. In addition, according to the CEO Magazine, the Executive MBA program was ranked No. 44 globally. U.S. News and World Report in 2020 ranked the online MBA program among the top 100 in the nation, coming in at No. 95.
- USF Muma College of Business has the highest business job placement rate among state schools with 66.4 percent of graduates starting out in positions making at least $40K, according to a study completed by the Florida Board of Governors.
- The USF Muma College of Business's full-time MBA program was ranked among the top 100 MBA programs by QS in a survey released in 2019. The program also was ranked No. 95 in the U.S. News and World Report list published in 2019. The same ranking placed USF's MS in Business Analytics and Information Systems at No. 47 and the MS in Marketing at No. 51.
- The USF Center for Entrepreneurship was named to the Top 20 list of best programs in the nation by CEOworld Magazine in its July 2019 issue. The ranking puts the center at No 18 and is the only Florida program on the list.
- The MS in BAIS program was ranked No. 47 and the MS in Marketing was ranked No. 51 in the QS Business School Rankings, published in 2019.
- The Lynn Pippenger School of Accountancy's MAcc program ranked No. 42 overall and No. 16 in U.S. programs with 17-23 full-time faculty in the 2018 Public Accounting Report ranking. The list also placed the accounting PhD program at No. 41 in the United States.
- The USF Center for Entrepreneurship's graduate program ranked No. 8 nationwide by Entrepreneur magazine and The Princeton Review in 2020. The graduate program has been in the magazine's national rankings for more than a decade.
Additional Points of Pride
The Muma College of Business' School of Hospitality and Tourism Management is professionally and academically accredited by the Accreditation Commission of Programs in Hospitality Administration (ACPHA). The gold-standard accreditation was announced in July 2020 and officially acknowledges the high academic and professional standards achieved by the school and affirms its standing among elite hospitality programs nationwide.
- USF has the first Business Honors Program in Florida, helping the university to recruit high achieving students from across
the nation. The average high school GPA for incoming Business Honors Program students
was 4.04, with an average ACT score of 27.5 and average SAT score of 1220. All graduates
of the Business Honors Program held internships and have a study abroad experience.
For the last three years, every Business Honors Program student has had a job or acceptance
to a graduate program a graduation. The Bulls Business Community – a living-learning
center for honors students and other top performers – has been the home for 512 students
since its inception in 2007.
- This year, the Corporate Mentor Program served 133 first-generation college students with 128 mentors participating Fall
2017- Spring 2018. There were 42 companies from the Tampa Bay area that were engaged
in the Corporate Mentor Program, and more than $120,000 of scholarships was awarded
during the academic year. 20 professional development events and five corporate tours
were also offered for students during the 2017-2018 Academic Year.
- Business students explore the world as part of their USF educational experience. More than a quarter of all USF students who took advantage of summer study abroad excursions were business majors. Some of these trips gave students the chance to explore established marketplaces and visit with global business leaders in distant locations such as England, Panama, Prague, and India. Some students took part in semester-long exchange programs at internationally respected institutions.