About the College
Points of Pride
The USF Muma College of Business boasts one of the nation's best accounting schools, a top-ranked entrepreneurship center, a nationally-ranked MBA program, and world-class research faculty. The USF Muma College of Business and Lynn Pippenger School of Accountancy are separately accredited by AACSB International-the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. The hallmark of excellence in business education, AACSB's Board of Directors reaffirmed USF's accreditation in 2018, one of just 188 institutions worldwide certified for quality in both overall business and accounting programs.
- U.S. News and World Report ranks the online MBA program among the top 20 in the nation, placing the online graduate business degree program in the No. 19 position, according to the annual survey of the 2023 Best Online Programs.
- A 2021 study by Stanford University placed six USF Muma College of Business faculty among the top 2% of scientists in the world. The elite ranking is based on their career-long impact in their fields of study. Another five faculty were recognized for making a single-year impact in 2020 based on research citation metrics and other factors.
Online MBA program
- No. 19 in the nation and No. 15 among public universities on the 2023 U.S. News and World Report survey.
- No. 12 in the nation by Fortune in 2022.
- No. 25 on a list of the 50 best online MBA programs in the U.S. by Online MBA Report.
- No. 25 in the nation by Poets&Quants in 2023.
- No. 29 in The Best Schools ranking of the 50 best online MBA programs in the nation.
- No. 19 in the nation and No. 10 among U.S. public universities by The Princeton Review in the Top 50 Online MBA Programs for 2023.
Part-Time MBA program
- No. 75 among public and private universities in the U.S. News and World Report Best Business Schools Rankings for 2023.
- No. 34 in the country and No. 21 among public universities, according to Fortune for 2023.
- No. 64 globally for the Executive MBA program, according to CEO Magazine in 2022.
- No. 29 in the nation and No. 18 among public universities by Fortune for 2023.
Vinik Sport & Entertainment Management program
- Ranked No. 3 in the world, No. 3 in the United States and No. 1 in Florida by SportBusiness International in 2022. The program finishes No. 3 in the postgraduate rankings for the second consecutive year. This program has enjoyed a near 100% job placement rate since its 2012 inception.
USF Center for Entrepreneurship
- For 2023, the USF Center for Entrepreneurship's graduate program broke into the Top 10 in the country, taking the No. 9 spot, as well as the No. 5 spot among public universities, and No. 1 in the South, according to Entrepreneur magazine and The Princeton Review. The graduate program has been in the magazine's national rankings for more than a decade.
- The USF Center for Entrepreneurship was named to the Top 20 list of best programs in the nation by CEOworld Magazine in its July 2019 issue. The ranking puts the center at No. 18 and is the only Florida program on the list.
- Researchers in the Muma College of Business’ School of Information Systems and Management were ranked No. 95 in the nation from 2017 to 2021 for the number of publications in IS journals, according to a 2022 ranking by the University of Texas at Dallas. The UTD 24 ranking counts only publications in the top 24 IS journals.
- USF Muma College of Business has the highest business job placement rate among state schools with 66.4% of graduates starting out in positions making at least $40K, according to a study completed by the Florida Board of Governors.
- The USF Muma College of Business's full-time MBA program was ranked among the top 250 progams by QS 's World University Rankings of Global MBA and Business Master's Programs of 2022. The publication also ranked the master's program in BAIS in the Top 80; the master's program in finance, Top 50; the master's program in management, Top 140; and the master's program in marketing, Top 100.
The USF Center for Entrepreneurship was named to the Top 20 list of best programs in the nation by CEOworld Magazine in its July 2019 issue. The ranking puts the center at No 18 and is the only Florida program on the list.
- The Muma College of Business’s MBA program in entrepreneurship was ranked among the top 50 in the nation by Intelligent.com, a resource for online degree rankings and higher education planning. The comprehensive research guide is based on an assessment of 210 accredited colleges and universities in the nation. Each program is evaluated based on curriculum quality, graduation rate, reputation, and post-graduate employment.
- The MS in BAIS program was ranked No. 47 and the MS in Marketing was ranked No. 51 in the QS Business School Rankings, published in 2019.
- The Lynn Pippenger School of Accountancy's MAcc program ranked No. 42 overall and No. 16 in U.S. programs with 17-23 full-time faculty in the 2018 Public Accounting Report ranking. The list also placed the accounting PhD program at No. 41 in the United States.
Additional Points of Pride
The Muma College of Business' School of Hospitality and Tourism Management is professionally and academically accredited by the Accreditation Commission of Programs in Hospitality Administration (ACPHA). The gold-standard accreditation was announced in July 2020 and officially acknowledges the high academic and professional standards achieved by the school and affirms its standing among elite hospitality programs nationwide.
- USF has the first Business Honors Program in Florida, helping the university to recruit high achieving students from across
the nation. The average high school GPA for incoming Business Honors Program students
was 4.04, with an average ACT score of 27.5 and average SAT score of 1220. All graduates
of the Business Honors Program held internships and have a study abroad experience.
For the last three years, every Business Honors Program student has had a job or acceptance
to a graduate program a graduation. The Bulls Business Community – a living-learning
center for honors students and other top performers – has been the home for 512 students
since its inception in 2007.
- This year, the Corporate Mentor Program served 133 first-generation college students with 128 mentors participating Fall
2017- Spring 2018. There were 42 companies from the Tampa Bay area that were engaged
in the Corporate Mentor Program, and more than $120,000 of scholarships was awarded
during the academic year. 20 professional development events and five corporate tours
were also offered for students during the 2017-2018 Academic Year.
- Business students explore the world as part of their USF educational experience. More than a quarter of all USF students who took advantage of summer study abroad excursions were business majors. Some of these trips gave students the chance to explore established marketplaces and visit with global business leaders in distant locations such as England, Panama, Prague, and India. Some students took part in semester-long exchange programs at internationally respected institutions.