About the College
Points of Pride
The USF Muma College of Business boasts one of the nation's best accounting schools, a top-ranked entrepreneurship center, a nationally-ranked MBA program, and world-class research faculty. The USF Muma College of Business and Lynn Pippenger School of Accountancy are separately accredited by AACSB International-the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. The hallmark of excellence in business education, AACSB's Board of Directors reaffirmed USF's accreditation in 2018, one of just 188 institutions worldwide certified for quality in both overall business and accounting programs.
The Best Schools ranking of the 50 best online MBA programs in the nation put the University of South Florida's Muma College of Business program at No. 29. In a list released in July 2018, the publication said the online MBA program offered here "develops key knowledge and skills for success in administrative positions."
- The USF Vinik Sport & Entertainment Management Program was ranked No. 4 in the world by SportBusiness International which sifted through 1,000 survey responses from alumni and course leaders of programs around the world to rank the top 40 institutions in 2018. This program has enjoyed almost 100 percent job placement rate since its 2012 inception.
- The Information Systems and Decision Sciences Department was ranked No. 30 in business school research rankings compiled by the University of Texas at Dallas. The rankings are based on scores of more than 300 business schools and colleges across North America and include data collected from the three top research journal publications between Jan. 1, 2014 and Dec. 31, 2016. USF scored higher than all other public universities in the state except the University of Florida.
- The part-time MBA program in the top 100 of public and private universities in a 2019 ranking compiled by U.S. News and World Report. Among public unviersities, that program ranked No. 64. In addition, according to the CEO Magazine, the Executive MBA program was ranked No. 44 globally. U.S. News and World Report in 2020 ranked the online MBA program among the top 100 in the nation, coming in at No. 95.
- USF Muma College of Business has the highest business job placement rate among state schools with 66.4 percent of graduates starting out in positions making at least $40K, according to a study completed by the Florida Board of Governors.
- The USF Muma College of Business's full-time MBA program was ranked among the top 100 MBA programs by QS in a survey released in 2019. The program also was ranked No. 95 in the U.S. News and World Report list published in 2019. The same ranking placed USF's MS in Business Analytics and Information Systems at No. 47 and the MS in Marketing at No. 51.
- The USF Center for Entrepreneurship was named to the Top 20 list of best programs in the nation by CEOworld Magazine in its July 2019 issue. The ranking puts the center at No 18 and is the only Florida program on the list.
- The MS in BAIS program was ranked No. 47 and the MS in Marketing was ranked No. 51 in the QS Business School Rankings, published in 2019.
- The Lynn Pippenger School of Accountancy's MAcc program ranked No. 42 overall and No. 16 in U.S. programs with 17-23 full-time faculty in the 2018 Public Accounting Report ranking. The list also placed the accounting PhD program at No. 41 in the United States.
- The USF Center for Entrepreneurship's graduate program ranked No. 8 nationwide by Entrepreneur magazine and The Princeton Review in 2020. The graduate program has been in the magazine's national rankings for more than a decade.
Additional Points of Pride
- USF has the first Business Honors Program in Florida, helping the university to recruit high achieving students from across
the nation. The average high school GPA for incoming Business Honors Program students
was 4.04, with an average ACT score of 27.5 and average SAT score of 1220. All graduates
of the Business Honors Program held internships and have a study abroad experience.
For the last three years, every Business Honors Program student has had a job or acceptance
to a graduate program a graduation. The Bulls Business Community – a living-learning
center for honors students and other top performers – has been the home for 512 students
since its inception in 2007.
- This year, the Corporate Mentor Program served 133 first-generation college students with 128 mentors participating Fall
2017- Spring 2018. There were 42 companies from the Tampa Bay area that were engaged
in the Corporate Mentor Program, and more than $120,000 of scholarships was awarded
during the academic year. 20 professional development events and five corporate tours
were also offered for students during the 2017-2018 Academic Year.
- Business students explore the world as part of their USF educational experience. More than a quarter of all USF students who took advantage of summer study abroad excursions were business majors. Some of these trips gave students the chance to explore established marketplaces and visit with global business leaders in distant locations such as England, Panama, Prague, and India. Some students took part in semester-long exchange programs at internationally respected institutions.