Bishop Center for Ethical Leadership
Hospitality Leadership Program
Building and sustaining a culture that supports your brand is hard work, especially in a tight labor market. Your managers are on the front-lines of this effort. Leadership training at all levels of your management team will equip them to create a culture that attracts and retains the talent your organization needs to grow. USF’s accelerated online Hospitality Leadership Training Program can help.
Designed From the Ground Up by Experienced Hospitality Leaders to Address Practical Business Needs
- Built by industry, for industry: We believe a well defined problem is half solved. So, we performed an extensive needs assessment with over 20 business leaders in hospitality and put them in charge of deciding what the curriculum would look like.
- Our instructors are industry practitioners: We pulled together industry expertise with the resources of USF to design and deliver a workshop style learning experience that will guide students to apply what they learn to their business.
- Supports a range of businesses: The program is designed for all businesses in which hospitality is at the heart of the brand’s success, including restaurants, resorts/hotels, salons, and cruise ships.
- Learning community: Our goal is to help your people create an impact within your organizations. The 16 week training program is a starting point. Members of the program will be included in an ongoing learning community and continue to receive benefits beyond the 16 weeks.
How Can The Hospitality Leadership Program Benefit Your Team & Organization?
People do not quit their jobs, they quit their bosses. According to Cornell University’s Center for Hospitality Research, the total cost of turnover for just one front-line employee is $5,684. By sponsoring your people into this program, you will empower them to impact business goals in critical areas of your organization.
- Employee Retention: Attract talent and reduce turnover by developing motivated and dedicated managers who can create a desirable culture for employees
- Quality of Life: Improve employees’ ability to work in efficient and effective ways
- Guest Loyalty: Amplify guest loyalty with a culture committed to company values
- Profitability: Develop awareness that leadership permeates every line of a P&L
The Hospitality Leadership Program is designed to be an active professional development course where the workplace is the classroom. Students are expected to implement course concepts at work and report results, leading to an immediate return on investment.
Why Choose USF's Hospitality Leadership Program?
- Attend convenient online classes for 5 hours a week.
- Complete the program in just 16 weeks.
- Improve as a manager and earn a résumé-enhancing credential backed by a major research university.
- Learn from industry leaders who live what they teach.
- Register on an open-enrollment basis. You do not need to apply to USF.
- Continue learning after program completion through our alumni association, group meetings and mentorship opportunities.
Learn From Industry Leaders
Frequently Asked Questions
How is the course delivered?
The course is delivered fully online through video and short articles. Assignments will require real-world application within your business environment.
Who should attend?
The program is designed for general managers and current managers or assistant managers who aspire to become GMs.
What will be learned?
Students will learn to:
- Become more organized through the implementation of the Ideal Week
- Hold more effective meetings
- Create a loyalty cycle within the business
- Create a values driven culture
- Apply situational leadership
- Understand and influence key metrics of the business (i.e. finance 101)
When is the next class?
The first cohort will run January 13 – April 24, 2020. Seats are limited so don’t wait to register.