Anol Bhattacherjee is the Exide Professor of Business Ethics and professor in the Information Systems and Decision Sciences Department. His research focuses on a broad range of information systems topics related to healthcare informatics, crowdsourcing of innovations, dysfunctional consequences of technology use, biases in machine learning and social enterprises. He teaches classes on statistical data modeling, research methods and design of innovations.
From 2001-10, Bhattacherjee was one of the top-ten researchers in the world in the information systems discipline, ranking eighth based on papers published in the top two journals in the information systems discipline. In a research-rich career spanning more than two decades, Bhattacherjee has published more than 65 refereed journal papers that have received more than 18,000 citations on Google Scholar. His 2001 MIS Quarterly paper, cited more than 5,000 times, is credited with creating a new stream of research on technology continuance. His textbook, Social Science Research: Principles, Methods, and Practices has been downloaded more than 600,000 times, used in 216 countries on six continents, and is available in seven languages. Bhattacherjee was the principal investigator in U.S. federal grants exceeding $750,000 and he served on the editorial boards of MIS Quarterly and the Journal of the AIS.
Bhattacherjee earned a PhD and an MBA from the University of Houston and master's and bachelor's degrees from Indian Institute of Technology. He had prior faculty appointments at Arizona State University and the University of Colorado at Denver and served as the Fulbright-Nehru Distinguished Chair in 2019 (hosted at Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur) and Fulbright Senior Scholar in 2012 (hosted at ESPRIT, Tunisia).
- ISM 6217 - Database Administration
- QMB 7565 - Introduction to Research Methods
- ISM 6021 - Management Information Systems
- Boukef, N., Vlaar, P. W. L., Charki, M. H., and Bhattacherjee, A., (2016), “Understanding Online Reverse Auction Determinants of Use: A Multi-Stakeholder Case Study,” Sytèmes 'Information et Management (20:1).
- Kim, S. J., Teo, T. S. H., Bhattacherjee, A., and Nam, K., (2015), “IS Auditor Characteristics, Audit Process Variables, and IS Audit Satisfaction: An Empirical Study in South Korea,” Information Systems Frontiers, 1-15.
- Bhattacherjee, A. and Lin, C. P., (2015), “A Unified Model of IT Continuance: Three Complementary Perspectives and Crossover Effects,” European Journal of Information Systems (24), 364-373.
- Kayhan, V. and Bhattacherjee, A., (2014), “The Salience of Governance Mechanisms in Contributing to Electronic Repositories,” The DATA BASE for Advances in Information Systems (45:2), 32-44.
- Teo, T. S. H. and Bhattacherjee, A., (2013), "Knowledge Transfer and Utilization in IT Outsourcing Partnerships: A Preliminary Model of Antecedents and Outcomes," Information & Management, (51:2), 177-186.
- Editorial board member, Journal of the AIS, (senior editor, 2013-present); MIS Quarterly (Ad hoc senior editor, 2010)
- Guest associate editor, Information Systems Research, 2009
- Program co-chair, International Federation on Information Processing Conference, 2012
- Review board member, MIS Quarterly, Information Systems Research, Management Science and the Journal of Management Information Systems, among others