Steve Budd is an instructor with the USF Center for Entrepreneurship's undergraduate entrepreneurship program. He has significant experience leading, developing and growing highly successful programs that provide entrepreneurship education and comprehensive assistance to early-stage businesses.
He has held numerous leadership and teaching positions since joining the University of South Florida in 1997. He was founding associate director of the USF Center for Entrepreneurship and was part of the founding team of the USF Tampa Bay Technology Incubator. He started the Entrepreneurship and Venture Planning Program at USF Lakeland and also served as the founding director of USF Lakeland’s business incubator program. Budd has significant experience as an instructor and practitioner in the areas of entrepreneurship, strategic and business planning, industry and market research, finance and financial modeling, and identifying and assessing potential financing strategies and sources. While a general practitioner in entrepreneurship, his area of expertise is venture finance.
He earned an MBA from USF with concentrations in management and entrepreneurship and a bachelor's degree from George Mason University with a major in economics.
- ENT 3003 - Principles of Business in Entrepreneurship
- ENT 4014 - Venture Formation
- ENT 4424 - Venture Capital
- Honors Thesis Projects
- William D. Armitage, Andrew Artis, Stephen R. Budd, Abdel Ejnioui, JoAnne Larsen, Richard E. Plank, Rebekah Pratt, Alfredo Weitzenfeld, (2010), "Determining Training and Education Needs to Benefit Local Manufacturing and Distribution Companies," an industry report prepared by the USF Polytechnic Center for the Development of Information Technology Applications.
- Fountain, M.W., Marshall, W.G., Budd, S.R., (2008), "Interdisciplinary Learning Frameworks for Entrepreneurship Students: Traversing Disciplines Across Campus," presented at the 2008 International Meeting of the American Association of Schools and Colleges of Business (AACSB) in Honolulu.
- Mentor, USF Center for Entrepreneurship Fintech Business Plan Competition
- Mentor and adviser, Tampa Bay Technology Incubator, providing professional assistance to incubator companies and USF spin-out technologies in the areas of business planning/strategy and financial modeling/strategy
- Mentor and adviser, USF Student Innovation Incubator, providing professional assistance to USF student start-up companies in the areas of business planning/strategy and financial modeling/strategy
- Member, advisory boards for local businesses, providing consulting services related to business planning, strategy, market research, and corporate finance and financing.