Jennifer Cainas, Instructor II, is the Lynn Pippenger Teaching Fellow for the Lynn Pippenger School of Accountancy. She teaches both principles and upper level financial and managerial courses. She has received numerous teaching awards, including the "Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching Award" at the University of South Florida several times.
She earned a bachelor's of arts degree and a master's of accountancy degree from the USF and received her doctorate of business administration from the University of Florida. Her dissertation topic examines certain psychological attributes of entrepreneurial CEO's and their proclivity to adopt formalized management control systems. She also has research interests in the areas of fraud, fraud prevention, supply chain fraud and corporate social responsibility reporting.
Cainas also is a licensed Certified Public Accountant in Florida. Prior to entering academia, Cainas served as a controller for an international title insurance company and worked for a multi-national mortgage company. She currently serves as a board member for the West Coast Chapter of FICPA.
- ACG 2021 - Principles of Financial Accounting
- ACG 2071 - Principles of Managerial Accounting
- ACG 3103 - Intermediate Financial Accounting I
- ACG 3401 - Cost Accounting I
- Faculty advisor for Beta Alpha Psi
- Chair, scholarship committee for Muma College of Business
- Chair, scholarship committee, Lynn Pippenger School of Accountancy
- Chair, USF-FICPA Fall Accounting Conference, 2010, 2016
- Member, FICPA Relations with Accounting Educators Committee
- Board member for West Coast Chapter of FICPA
- Chair of Student Night Event for West Coast Chapter of FICPA