Triparna De Vreede
Triparna de Vreede is the associate chair of the Information Systems and Decision Sciences Department and academic director of the Master of Science in Management Program. She teaches multidisciplinary graduate and undergraduate courses. While at USF, she has developed courses such as people analytics and principles of collaboration.
She is an interdisciplinary researcher who specializes in innovative research and pursues grants from federal and corporate sources. Her expertise lies in advanced collaboration, facilitation and group-meeting techniques that enable teams and organizations to reach actionable solutions quickly. Her research, practice and teaching involve business topics like collaboration, teams, international culture and information systems. She is the founder/director of Chrysalis Consulting, a personal and organizational development firm that specializes in executive coaching, intra-organizational trainings wellness and life coaching. She has worked as an independent trainer for ING Group in the Netherlands and was an adjunct professor and research associate for the University of Nebraska at Omaha.
She earned a PhD and a master's degree in industrial and organizational psychology and a master's degree in management information systems all from the University of Nebraska at Omaha. She received an MBA in human resources and a B.Com. in accounting from Osmania University in India.
Graduate and undergraduate courses on current and relevant topics such as global information systems, international management, principles of collaboration and people analytics.
- MAN 6347 – People Analytics
- MAN 6601 – International Management
- MAN 6165 – Principles of Collaboration
- MAN6145 – Managing Creative Projects
- MAN6147 – Leadership Concepts
- de Vreede, T., Boughzala, I., de Vreede, G.J., Reiter-Palmon, R., (in press), "A Model and Exploratory Field Study on Team Creativity," Journal of the Mid-West Association for Information Systems.
- Nguyen, C., Oh, O., Alothaim, A., de Vreede, T., de Vreede, G.J., (2015), "Engaging with Online Crowds: A Flow Theory Approach," L.S. Iyer and D.J. Power (Eds.), Reshaping Society through Analytics, Collaboration, and Decision Support: Role of Business Intelligence and Social Media (Annals of Information Systems, Volume 18), Dordrecht: Springer.
- de Vreede, G.J., Wigert, B., de Vreede, T., Oh, O., Reiter-Palmon, R., Briggs, R.O., (2014), "Supporting Problem Solving and Decision Making in Teams with Information Technology," Topi, H., & Tucker, A. (Eds.) Information Systems and Information Technology, Volume 2 (Computing Handbook Set, Third Edition). Boca Raton: Taylor and Francis.
- Minitrack chair, Creativity in Teams and Organizations, Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, 2008-Present
- Minitrack chair, Social & Psychological Perspectives on Collaboration Research, Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, 2011-present
- Reviewer, Journal of the Association of Information Systems, Group Decision and Negotiation, Journal of Personality Assessment, Journal of Creative Behavior and Journal of Personality and Social Psychology
- Editorial coordinator, Journal for Management Information Systems, 2008-12.
- Editorial coordinator, Journal of the Association for Information Systems, 2012.