Kaushik Dutta has 22 years of professional and research experience in the field of enterprise IT infrastructure, data analytics and big data systems. He is professor in the Information Systems and Decision Sciences Department and his current research interest is big data analytics. Dutta's primary expertise combines operations research and data mining techniques with computer science systems knowledge to efficiently handle big data and manage large IT infrastructure. He has been the mentor of two startups out of USF in the NSF-iCorps program.
Prior to joining USF, Dutta was a tenured associate professor at National University of Singapore and Florida International University. Before starting out on his academic path, he pursued a career in engineering, most recently as the chief technology officer and vice president of engineering of Mobilewalla, a NUS-incubated and Madrona-funded company that developed big-data-based mobile advertisement platforms.
Dutta earned a PhD in management information systems from the Georgia Institute of Technology and a master's degree in computer science from the Indian Statistical Institute. He received a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from Jadavpur University.
- ISM 6930 - Big Data and E-Commerce (MS MIS)
- ISM 6930 - Advanced Database (MS MIS)
- Chatterjee, S., Byun, J., Dutta, K., Pedersen, R. U., Pottathil, A., & Xie, H., (2018), "Designing an Internet-of-Things (IoT) and Sensor-Based In-Home Monitoring System for Assisting Diabetes Patients: Iterative Learning from Two Case Studies," European Journal of Information Systems, Volume 27, Issue 6.
- X.Xu, K.Dutta, C.Ge, (2018), "Do Adjective Features from User Reviews Address Sparsity and Transparency in Recommender systems?" Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, Volume 29, Pages 113-123
- S. Adikari, K. Dutta, (2018), "A New Approach to Real Time Bidding in Online Advertisements: Auto Pricing Strategy," online published INFORMS Journal of Computing
- X. Xiaoying, K. Dutta, A. Datta, C. Ge, (2017), "Identifying Functional Aspects from User Reviews for Functionality-Based Mobile App Recommendation," Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology, 69(2), 242-255.
- A. Mukherjee, R. P. Sundraraj, K. Dutta, (2017), Apriori-Rule-Based-in-App Ad-Selection Online Algorithm for Improving Supply Side Platform Revenues," ACM Transactions on Management Information Systems (TMIS), Volume 8 Issue 2-3.
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=gqfV2KsAAAAJ&hl=en
- Special issue guest editor, ACM Transactions on Management Information Systems, 2018
- Special issue guest editor, IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, 2018
- Review board member, Journal of Association of Information Systems, 2017-present
- Area editor (database), Elsevier Journal of Systems and Software, 2007-16