Timothy B. Heath
Timothy B. Heath is a professor in the Marketing Department of the Muma College of Business. His research investigates issues in branding, persuasion and innovation.
He publishes in the field's best journals including the Journal of Marketing and Journal of Consumer Research, and serves on the editorial review boards of the Journal of Marketing and Journal of Consumer Psychology. Heath received a 2018 Outstanding Area Editor Award from the Journal of Marketing, and in 2019 was a Fulbright Scholar (Vienna University of Economics and Business) and received an Outstanding Faculty Award from USF. He also serves as an expert witness on legal cases involving deceptive advertising. Heath has been on the faculties of the University of Pittsburgh, Miami University, ESSEC Business School and HEC Paris. He also served as a visiting professor at the University of Notre Dame where he won the MBA program's Outstanding Teacher of the Year award.
Heath earned a PhD in business administration at the University of Iowa and bachelor's degrees in psychology and sociology both from Northern Illinois University.
- MAR 6815 Marketing Management
- MAR 6936 Value Creation
- MAR 7931 Marketing Proseminar
- MAR 7555 Consumer Behavior Theory
- Liu, Yuanyuan, Timothy B. Heath, and Ayse Öncüler, “The Future Ambiguity Effect: How Narrow Payoff Ranges Increase Future Payoff Appeal,” forthcoming, Management Science.
- Heath, Timothy B., (2018), “Price Competition, Attraction Effects, and Line-Extension Effects: What are Their Hidden Returns?” Mapping Out Marketing: Navigation Lessons from the Ivory Trenches, eds. Ronald Hill, Cait Lamberton, and Jennifer Swartz, New York: Routledge, 73-75.
- Delvecchio, Devon, Timothy B. Heath, and Max Chauvin, (2017), “When Signal Swamps Substance: The Effects of Multi-Unit Discount’s Positive and Negative Cues on Sales,” Journal of Product & Brand Management, 26 (7), 750-758.
- Chatterjee, Subimal, Dipankar Rai, and Timothy B. Heath, (2016), “Tradeoff Between Time and Money: The Asymmetric Consideration of Opportunity Costs,” Journal of Business Research, 69, 2560-2566.
- Kull, Alexander J. and Timothy B. Heath, (2016), “You Decide, We Donate: Strengthening Consumer-Brand Relationships Through Digitally Co-Created Social Responsibility,” International Journal of Research in Marketing, 33, 78-92.
- Area editor, Journal of Marketing 2015-2018
- Member, editorial review board, Journal of Marketing, 2011-present
- Member, editorial review board, Journal of Consumer Psychology, 2000-present
- Reviewer, 20 publications, including the Journal of Consumer Research and the International Journal of Research in Marketing.