Delroy Hunter is the Serge Bonanni Professor of International Finance in the Muma College of Business Finance Department. He currently teaches graduate courses in investments, international finance and empirical methods.
His research has been published in the Journal of Financial Economics, The Accounting Review, the Journal of Business, the Journal of Financial Intermediation and the Journal of Corporate Finance, among others. His work has won the Goldman Sachs Quant Award for Research in Investments at the Western Finance Association Conference and he has been a semi-finalist for the "best paper award" at several conferences. He has won multiple awards at the Muma College of Business and has made presentations at various national and international meetings, central bank workshops and university seminars. He has reviewed articles for journals, grant-funding agencies and conferences. He is an associate editor for the Journal of Financial Stability and Quarterly Journal of Finance & Accounting. Prior to joining USF in 2001, he taught at Bentley University and the University of the West Indies.
Hunter earned a PhD from the University of Warwick in the United Kingdom, where he was a Commonwealth Scholar; a master's degree from the University of Florida and a bachelor's degree from the University of the West Indies (Jamaica).
- FIN 6515 - Investments
- FIN 6605 - International Financial Management
- FIN 7930 - Empirical Methods - Syllabus
- Bergbrant, M., D. Hunter and P. Kelly, (2018), "Rivals’ Competitive Activities, Capital Constraints, and Firm Growth," Journal of Banking & Finance 97, 87-108.
- Bergbrant, M. and D. Hunter, (2018), "(How) Do Credit Market Conditions Affect Firms’ Post-Hedging Outcomes? Evidence from Bank Lending Standards and Firms’ Currency Exposure," Journal of Corporate Finance 50, 203-222.
- Francis, B., D. Hunter, D. Robinson, M. Robinson and X. Yuan, (2017), "Auditor Changes and the Cost of Bank Debt," The Accounting Review 92 (3), 155-184.
- Bergbrant, M., D. Bradley, and D. Hunter, (2017), "Does Bank Loan Supply Affect the Supply of Equity Capital? Evidence from New Share Issuance and Withdrawal," Journal of Financial Intermediation 29, 32-45.
- Francis, B., I. Hasan, D. Hunter, and Y. Zhu, (2017), "Do Managerial Risk-Taking Incentives Influence Firms’ Exchange Rate Exposure?" Journal of Corporate Finance 46, 154-169.
- Member, USF Committee for the Implementation of the Consolidation of the Tampa, St Petersburg and Sarasota-Manatee campuses under the Florida Excellence in Higher Education Act, 2018-present
- Member, Muma College of Business Graduate Policy Committee