John M. Jermier is a professor in the Information Systems and Decision Sciences Department where he teaches graduate and undergraduate courses in organizational behavior, corporate environmentalism and environmental policy, and the measurement of organizational effectiveness. He also serves as a professor in the Patel College of Global Sustainability, where he teaches sustainable enterprise research.
Jermier's current research is focused on sustainability, the "greening" of organizations, and trends in green energy/technology, including a large study of waste reduction and culture change in the U.S. Air Force funded by the federal government. His most recent publication, a six-volume book project that defines the field of corporate environmentalism and organizational greening, identifies key readings in the field and offers a roadmap for future research. Jermier has authored or co-authored numerous articles, book chapters, books, research monographs and other scholarly works. He is the founding co-editor and past-co-editor of Organization & Environment.
He earned a PhD, an MBA and master's degree from The Ohio State University and a bachelor's degree from the University of Wisconsin.
- MAN 6055 - Organizational Behavior and Leadership
- MAN 6746 - Designing Sustainable Enterprise
- MAN 6930 - Response of Business to Global Environmental Problems
- MAN 4282 – Assessing Organizational Performance
- Jermier, J.M. & Koehler, J., (2017), "Effects of a Lean and Green Management Initiative on the Culture of the United States Air Force," U.S. Air Force Office of Scientific Research.
- Nicolopoulou, K., Karatas-Ozkan, M., Janssen, F. & Jermier, J., (2017), "New Research Directions for Sustainable Entrepreneurship," Sustainable Entrepreneurship and Social Innovation. London: Routledge. Pp. 5-21.
- Jermier, J.M. & Forbes, L.C., (2016), "Metaphors, Organizations and Water: Generating New Images for Environmental Sustainability," Human Relations, 69 (4): 1001-1027.
- Forbes, L.C. & Jermier, J.M., (2014), "Workplace Autonomy," J.D. Wright (Ed.), The International Encyclopedia of the Social and Behavioral Sciences, Oxford: Elsevier Publishing. Pp. 341-351.
- Jermier, J.M., (2013), "Corporate Environmentalism and the Greening of Organizations: General Introduction to the Volumes," Corporate Environmentalism and the Greening of Organizations. London: Sage Publications. Pp. xxxi-liv. (Vol. 1).
- Editorial review board member, Administrative Science Quarterly, Human Relations, Organization, Organization Science, Leadership Quarterly, Leadership, the Journal of Management, the Journal of Workplace Rights, and the Tamara Journal for Critical Organizational Inquiry, among others
- Member, Academy of Management, American Psychological Association, European Group for Organization Studies
- Chair, Professional Development Workshops, Organizations and the Natural Environment Division of the Academy of Management.