Jerry Koehler is a management professor who has been with the University of South Florida since 1976. He has served USF as assistant to the president, dean of extended studies and chair of the Department of Management.
Koehler who currently teaches in the Information Systems and Decision Sciences Department, has authored or co-authored twelve books as well as numerous articles and professional papers. His research interests include perceived organizational hypocrisy, executive leadership, organization change, organization design, quality management and innovation. He was named a Fulbright scholar in 2016 and, a year later, lectured at Belarusian State Economic University in Minsk, Belarus. Before joining USF, Koehler served as assistant to the CEO of Teacher's Management Investment Corporation, sales representative for American Express Investment Management Company and director of the University of California, Irvine, Executive Program. He has also done consulting work for leading national and international companies and governmental organizations, including Honeywell Space Systems and the Florida Department of Revenue, Department of Labor and the Office of the Governor. From 1992 to 1995, he served as deputy secretary of Florida's Department of Labor and Employment Security.
In 1998, he received the "Florida's Finest" award from then-Gov. Lawton Chiles. He has been honored by the Hillsborough County Commission for chairing the Blue Ribbon Committee on Hillsborough County Finances, was voted by Executive MBA students as the best teacher in management and the college, and has been the recipient of the USF Muma College of Business Community Service Award. Koehler has taught courses and has lectured audiences throughout the world and has traveled to more than 60 countries.
He earned a PhD in communications from Pennsylvania State University and a master's degree and a bachelor's degree in speech communication from Western Illinois University.
- Schultz, M.D., Koehler, J.W., Philippe, T.W. and Coronel, R.S., (2015), "Managing
of Social Media in Organizations. Society for the Advancement Management – Advanced Management Journal. Vol. 80. No. 2.
- Philippe. T.W. and Koehler, J. W., (2014), "Effects of Organizational Tenure on Workplace
Deception. Review of Business Research, Vol. 14, Number 3.
- Philippe, T.W. and Koehler, J.W., (2013), "Gender Effects Differences in Perceptions
Deception in the Workplace," International Journal of Strategic Management. (13)3: 61-66.
- Koehler, J.W., Philippe, T.W. and Pereria, K.N., (2013), "Employee Trust: Traditional
Telecommuting Environments," Academy of Business Research Journal. Vol 3, pp. 110-116.
- Philippe, T.W., Koehler, J.W., Schultz, M.D. and DiVita, B.J., (2012), "Perceptions
Deception in the Workplace," Journal of International Management Studies. 12(4): 115-120.
- Faculty director, MBA Program, fall semester, 2014
- Member, Research Council 2008-09
- Member, University Wide Sabbatical Committee, 2005-08
- Member: University Academic and Technology Committee, 2000-03