Michael Mondello is a professor in the Muma College of Business' Marketing Department and associate program director of the Vinik Sport & Entertainment Management Program. He teaches Sport Business Analytics and Sport & Entertainment Finance.
His research interests include stadium financing, contingent valuation method (CVM), employee compensation, analytics and ticket pricing. He has published in the leading journals in the field including the Journal of Sport Management, Management Decision, the International Journal of Sport Finance, and Sport Management Review. He was recognized as a Sport Management Research Fellow by the North American Society for Sport Management in 2007. Mondello comes to USF after spending 12 years on the faculty at Florida State University, where he served as professor in the Department of Sport Management. Prior to FSU, Mondello was on the faculty at the University of Florida.
He earned a PhD and master's degrees from the University of Florida and a bachelor's degree from USF.
- SPB 6706 – Sport Business Analytics
- SPB 6116 – Sport & Entertainment Finance
- Mondello, M., Mills, B., & Tainsky, S., (2017), "Competition in Shared Markets and
National Football League Viewership." Journal of Sport Management, (31), 562-574.
- Huberty, L., Kellison, T. & Mondello, M., (2016), "Fan Mobilization and the
Minnesota Sport Stadium Campaign," International Journal of Sport Communication,
- Rishe, P., Sanders, M., Reese, J., Mondello, M., (2016), "A Heterogeneous Analysis
of Secondary Market Transactions for College Football Bowl Games," Sport Marketing
Quarterly, 25, (2), 115-127.
- Mondello, M. & Kellison, T., (2016), "The Sport Referendum Model: Factors
Influencing the Success and Failure of Ballot Measures," Journal of Contemporary
Athletics, 10 (2), 139-155.
- Mills, B., Mondello, M., & Tainsky, S., (2016), "Competition in Shared Markets and
Major League Baseball Broadcast Viewership," Applied Economics, 48, (32), 3020-3022.
- Member, Development Committee for the North American Society Sport Management, 2010-present
- Member, editorial boards of the International Journal of Sport Finance, the International Journal of Sport Management
- Department representative, Muma College of Business Tenure and Promotion Committee
- Conference chair: Sport & Entertainment Analytics Conference