Seckin Ozkul is an operations and supply chain management faculty member in the Marketing Department. He is also an associate faculty member of the Monica Wooden Center for Supply Chain Management & Sustainability and an affiliated faculty member for the USF Center for Urban Transportation Research.
He has conducted research in the areas of logistics optimization, operations management and freight transportation planning over the past decade and has lead research efforts for national, state and local transportation projects. He has extensive experience in project management and served as principal or co-principal investigator with a wide array of funded federal and state agency research projects. He is a licensed professional engineer in the state of Florida with more than 10 years' experience in the transportation field. Ozkul has been appointed to the prestigious Florida Freight Advisory Committee (FLFAC) in 2019 for a term of three years and will advise the Florida Department of Transportation’s freight planning effort towards making Florida a global freight hub.
Ozkul earned a PhD in transportation engineering, with a focus on freight transportation, from the University of Florida, a master’s degree in marketing with a concentration of supply chain management from USF, a master's degree in engineering from USF and a bachelor's degree in engineering from Auburn University.
- MAN 4504 - Operations and Supply Chain Management
- QMB 6603 - Operations Management and Quality Enhancement
- Kocatepe, A., Ozkul, S., Ozguven, E. E., Sobanjo, J. O., & Moses, R. (2019). "The Value of Freight Accessibility: A Spatial Analysis in the Tampa Bay Region." Applied Spatial Analysis and Policy, 1-20.
- Mardani, A., Hooker, R. E., Ozkul, S., Yifan, S., Nilashi, M., Sabzi, H. Z., & Fei, G. C. (2019). "Application of Decision Making and Fuzzy Sets Theory to Evaluate the Healthcare and Medical Problems: A Review of Three Decades of Research with Recent Developments." Expert Systems with Applications, 137, 202-231.
- Mardani, A., Fan, Y.V., Nilashi, M., Hooker, R.E., Ozkul, S., Streimikiene, D., Loganathan, N. (2019). "A Two-Stage Methodology Based on Ensemble Adaptive Neuro-Fuzzy Inference System to Predict Carbon Dioxide Emissions." Journal of Cleaner Production, 231, 446-461.
- Seman, N. A. A., Govindan, K., Mardani, A., Zakuan, N., Saman, M. Z. M., Hooker, R. E., & Ozkul, S. (2019). "The Mediating Effect of Green Innovation on the Relationship Between Green Supply Chain Management and Environmental Performance." Journal of Cleaner Production, 229, 115-127
- Monsreal-Barrera, M. M., Cruz-Mejia, O., Ozkul, S., & Saucedo-Martínez, J. A. (2019). "An Optimization Model for Investment in Technology and Government Regulation." Wireless Networks, 1-13.
- Member, Florida Freight Advisory Committee (FLFAC)
- Secretary, TRB Freight Transportation Economics and Regulation Committee
- Member, TRB Urban Freight Transportation Committee
- Fellow, International Road Federation