Chris Pantzalis is a professor in the Finance Department and holds a Bank of America Professorship. He teaches MBA courses and a PhD seminar on financial markets and is the recipient of the 2003 University President's Award for Faculty Excellence and the USF Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching Award in 2001. He also received the Muma College of Business Research Award in 2002, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2016. Pantzalis also received the Muma College of Business Creativity and Analytics Award in 2015. He joined the USF faculty in 1998
Pantzalis' research interests lie in market efficiency, international finance, corporate finance and in the area where finance overlaps with political science. His work has been published in prestigious academic journals, such as the Journal of Finance, the Journal of Financial Economics, the Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Financial Management, the Journal of International Business Studies, The Financial Analysts Journal, and the Journal of Banking and Finance, among others. He is the recipient of the prestigious Graham and Dodd Award for Excellence for the article "Divergent Opinions and the Performance of Value Stocks," published in the Financial Analysts Journal.
Pantzalis earned a PhD from Baruch College of the City University of New York.
- FIN 6605 - International Financial Management
- FIN 6406 - Financial Management
- FIN 7817 - Financial Markets
- Kim, Incheol, Christos Pantzalis and Bin Wang, “Shareholder Coordination and Stock Price Informativeness," forthcoming, Journal of Business Finance and Accounting.
- Crocci, Erttore, Christos Pantzalis, Jung Chul Park and Dimitris Petmezas, (2017), “The Role of Corporate Political Strategies in M&As,” Journal of Corporate Finance, 43, 260–287.
- Aabo, Tom, Christos Pantzalis and Jung Chul Park, (2017), “Idiosyncratic Volatility: An Indicator of Noise Trading?” Journal of Banking and Finance, 75, 136-151.
- Pantzalis, Christos, and Bin Wang, (2017), “Shareholder Coordination, Information Diffusion and Stock Returns," Financial Review, 52 (4), 563–595.
- Bradley, Daniel, Christos Pantzalis and Xiaojing Yuan, (2016), "Policy Risk, Corporate
Strategies, and the Cost of Debt,” Journal of Corporate Finance, 40, 254-275.
- Member, Diversity Committee of the USF Muma College of Business
- Associate Editor, Journal of Multinational Financial Management, 2003-present)
- Member, Research and Scholarship Committee