Jong Chool Park
Jong Chool Park is an assistant professor in the Muma College of Business' Lynn Pippenger School of Accountancy, joining the college's faculty in the fall of 2018. His teaching focuses on financial accounting and financial statement analysis.
His research interests include financial accounting, auditing and managerial accounting. His work has been published in the Journal of Accounting and Economics, Contemporary Accounting Research and Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory. His papers have been presented at a number of conferences all over North America and Asia. In 2018, Park was in the top 10 percent of the Social Science Research Network by all-time downloads and he has received several teaching awards. He previously taught accounting in Carnegie Mellon University, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in New York and Old Dominion University in Virginia. He is also a member of the American Accounting Association and a past president of the Korean American Accounting Professors Association.
He earned a PhD and a master's degree in accounting from the Carnegie Mellon University, a master's degree in economics from the University of Buffalo in New York and a master's degree in statistics from the University of Chicago. He received a bachelor's degree from the Seoul National University in South Korea.
- ACG 3103 - Intermediate I
- Kim, J., Lee, J., Park, J., (2019), "Internal control weakness and the asymmetrical behavior of selling, general, and administrative costs," Journal of Accounting, Auditing, and Finance, Forthcoming.
- Cai, Y., Kim, Y., Park, J., White, H., (2016), "Common Auditors in M&A Transactions," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Vol. 61, Issue 1: pp. 77 - 99.
- Lee, M., Kang, M., Lee, H., Park, J., (2016), "Related Party Transactions and Financial Reporting Comparability: Evidence from Korea," Asia-Pacific Journal of Accounting & Economics, Vol. 23, Issue 2: pp. 224-252.
- Kim, J., Lee, J., Park, J., (2015), "Audit Quality and the Market Value of Cash Holdings: The Case of Office-Level Auditor Industry Specialization," Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory, Vol. 34, Issue 2: pp. 27-57.
- Francis, B., Hasan, I., Park, J., Wu, Q., (2015), "Gender Differences in Corporate Financial Reporting: Evidence from Accounting Conservatism," Contemporary Accounting Research, Vol. 32, Issue 3: pp. 1285 - 1318.
- Member, American Accounting Association. 2001-present
- Reviewer/referee, several highly regarded research journals