Jung Chul Park
Jung Chul Park is an assistant professor of finance at the University of South Florida's Muma College of Business. He teaches theory of finance and advanced financial management to graduate students. He developed international finance as a Global Citizens course for undergraduate students. Prior to joining the faculty at the USF, he taught at Auburn University and Louisiana Tech University.
Park's research interests are in market efficiency, corporate governance, risk management, international finance and political finance. His work has been published in more than 30 articles in leading academic journals such as the Journal of Financial Economics, the Strategic Management Journal, Financial Management, the Journal of Banking and Finance, the Journal of Corporate Finance and the Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, which have received more than 900 citations on Google Scholar. He received the Shinhan Bank & KAFA Young Scholar Award and the Financial News & KAFA Top-Journal Paper Award from the Korea America Finance Association, the Best Paper Award from Asia-Pacific Journal of Financial Studies, and the STOXX Best Paper Research Award at the European Financial Management Association Meeting. He is also the recipient of the Outstanding Research Award from the Harbert College of Business at Auburn University.
He has been associate editor of the Asia-Pacific Journal of Financial Studies and served on the editorial review board of the Journal of Business Research. He is secretary general of the Korea America Finance Association.
- FIN6804 – Theory of Finance (Doctoral, Master)
- FIN6416 – Advanced Financial Management (Master)
- FIN3604 – International Finance (Undergraduate, Global Citizens Course)
- Joon Mahn Lee, Jung Chul Park, and Timothy Folta, "CEO Career Horizon, Corporate Governance, and Real Options: The Role of Economic Short-Termism," Strategic Management Journal, Forthcoming.
- Chansog (Francis) Kim, Incheol Kim, Christos Pantzalis, and Jung Chul Park, "Corporate Political Strategies and Return Predictability," Financial Analysts Journal, Forthcoming.
- Chansog (Francis) Kim, Incheol Kim, Christos Pantzalis, and Jung Chul Park, "Policy Uncertainty and the Dual Role of Corporate Political Strategies," Financial Management, Forthcoming.
- Bradley W. Benson, Hui L. James, and Jung Chul Park, "Heterogeneity in the Effect of Managerial Equity Incentives on Firm Value," Financial Review, Forthcoming.
- Nilakshi Borah, Liu Pan, Jung Chul Park, and Nan Shao, "Does Corporate Diversification Reduce Value in High Technology Firms?" Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Forthcoming.