Luke Richardson is an instructor in the Lynn Pippenger School of Accountancy, teaching courses in both taxation and financial and managerial accounting. He is a past recipient of the Advisory Council's Outstanding Teaching Award and serves as the faculty adviser for the accounting internship course.
Richardson, a licensed CPA in Florida, worked with Deloitte prior to taking his position at the university. He also previously served as an adjunct instructor at Florida Southern College in Lakeland. Richardson has been featured as a tax expert in several media outlets, including FOX 13/WTVT, ABC Action News/WFTS-TV, NBC News Channel 8 WFLA/WTTA, WalletHub and The Penny Hoarder.
He earned a bachelor's and graduate degrees in accountancy from USF and currently is pursuing a juris doctorate from the Stetson University College of Law.
- ACG 4940 - Accounting Internship
- TAX 4001 - Concepts of Federal Income Taxation
- TAX 5015 - Federal Taxation of Business Entities
- Member, USF Lynn Pippenger School of Accountancy Scholarship Committee (2015–present)
- Faculty liaison, IRS VITA Program (2015–present)
- Member, FICPA Federal Taxation Committee (2016, 2018–present)
- Member, FICPA USF Accounting Conference Committee (2016–present)
- Faculty adviser, USF Honors College Thesis (2016–present)
- Treasurer and board member, Hope Street of Tampa, [a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization] (2015–2017)
- McKinley, J., M. Geiszler, and L. Richardson, (2018), "To Deduct or Not Deduct: 'Qualified Performing Artists’," 161 Tax Notes 185.
- McKinley, J, M. Geiszler, and L. Richardson, (2018), "New Form May Simplify Tax Compliance for Seniors" AICPA The Tax Adviser: Tax Insider