Ronald Rutherford, a professor in the Muma College of Business' Finance Department, holds the Bank of America Endowed Professorship. His teaching interests include real estate finance, corporate finance, capital budgeting/valuation, real estate principles, real estate investments and financial modeling.
Rutherford, who was ranked as the 22nd leading real estate researcher in the world by the Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, has published scores of research articles during his career. His research productivity also ranked sixth among the top 50 authors publishing in core real estate, according to the Journal of Real Estate Literature. He has published in the Journal of Financial Economics, Real Estate Economics, the Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, and the Journal of Real Estate Research, among others.
Rutherford holds five degrees: a PhD in real estate and an MBA from the University of Georgia, a master's degree in philosophy from the University of Arizona, a master's degree in psychology and bachelor's degrees in psychology and philosophy from Valdosta State College. He previously held the E.J. Burke, Jr. Endowed Chair at the University of Texas, San Antonio, and has taught at the University of Texas, Arlington, and Georgia Southern University.
- Real Estate Finance, Real Estate Decisions
- “Open Houses, Virtual Tours, Tour of Homes and Photographs: Effects of Listing Brokers' Marketing Strategies for Residential Houses," with Marcus T. Allen, Anjelita Cadena and Jessica Rutherford, (2017), Journal of Real Estate Research, Volume 37, Number 3, Page 2.
- “The Discounts Associated with Cash Deals in the Foreclosed Home Submarket," with Paul K. Asabere and Forrest E. Huffman,” (2015), Journal of Housing Research, Volume 24, Issue 2.
- “Acquisition of Equity REIT IPOs in the Aftermarket,” (2013), Managerial Finance, Vol. 39, No. 8, 737-755 (with John C. Alexander, Ping Cheng and Thomas Springer).
- “Discount Brokerage in Residential Real Estate Markets,” (2012), Real Estate Economics, Vol. 40, No. 3, 508- 535. (with Abdullah Yavas).
- “The Effects of Estate Sales of Residential Real Estate on Price and Marketing Time,” (2012), Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Vol. 45, No. 4, 965-981. (with Marcus T. Allen and Justin D. Benefield).
- Member, Financial Management Association
- Member, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association
- Member, American Real Estate Society
- Member, Southwestern Finance Association