Deepak Sainanee is an instructor in the Muma College of Business' Marketing Department as well as the Information Systems and Decision Sciences Department. He teaches the capstone course on strategic management, has designed a course on global business and has created a new course for the master's program in Business Analytics and Information Systems.
Sainanee has worked in senior, strategic roles at large companies including Hewlett-Packard, where he served as director of global marketing, DuPont and Procter & Gamble. He also created and worked in entrepreneurial ventures and later founded VentureSpeed Partners to advise startups. His research interests include the impact of technology in companies' success, brand choice and game-theory applications. Previously, he was an assistant professor at Purdue University and an associate professor at Saint Mary's College. He has presented at conferences in the United States and abroad.
Sainanee earned a Ph.D. in business from the University of Chicago and two MBAs, one from the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, and the other from the Booth School of Business at the University of Chicago. He received a master's degree and a bachelor's degree in physics from the University of Delhi, India.
- GEB 4890 - Strategic Management/Decision Making
- MAN 4631 - Global Perspectives
- Moorthy, Subba and Sainanee, Deepak K, forthcoming, “Empirical Investigation of the Relationship of Firm Performance to Technological Diversity and Product Diversity,” forthcoming.
- Sainanee, Deepak K, (2012), "Identifying Segments for Online Marketing," Hewlett-Packard.
- Sainanee, Deepak K, (2011), "CRM and Analytics to Drive Customer Loyalty," Hewlett-Packard.
- Sainanee, Deepak K, (2010), "Brand Value: Key Drivers Modeling and Accountability," Hewlett-Packard.
- Lead judge, Circle Awards, Hewlett-Packard's competition for innovation in marketing
- Member, Board of Trustees, Marketing Science Institute
- Delegate, University of Chicago at National Marketing Consortium.