Ron Satterfield is an award-winning instructor in the Information Systems and Decision Sciences Department, teaching courses in statistics, statistical programming, operations management and process improvement. His courses are spread through the undergraduate, MBA, Executive MBA, MS in Business Analytics and Information Systems and Doctorate of Business Administration programs. Students from other colleges at USF also seek out his courses to fulfill requirements for analytics within their majors.
Satterfield uses live-instruction, online and blended model methods, serving both full-time students and working professionals. He also teaches in specialized certificate programs in business analytics offered to corporate interests by the Muma College of Business. His research focuses on process improvement, facility location, innovative methods for strategic planning, and the valuation of a culture of innovation in large companies. Satterfield has been profiled by Florida Trend magazine as being among the best MBA professors in Florida. He joined USF in 1993 after several years of university-level teaching experience. His consulting background involves supply chain and analytics problems in a range of industries including healthcare delivery, municipal and financial services, industrial and consumer products, and retail grocery.
Satterfield earned a PhD in operations management from the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University and an MBA and bachelor's degree in operations management from Eastern Illinois University.
- QMB-2100 Statistics for Business and Economics I
- ISM-3431 Operations and Supply Chain Processes
- QMB-6603 Operations Management and Quality Enhancement (MBA and EMBA Programs)
- QMB-6305 Managerial Decision Analysis
- QMB-6304 Analytical Methods for Business
- GEB-6527 Lean Six Sigma (MBA and EMBA Programs)
- Board member, USF Federal Credit Union, a $700 million financial institution serving over 60,000 members across the United States
- Chair, IT Committee, USF Federal Credit Union
- Past chair, Supervisory Committee, USF Federal Credit Union
- Instructor, process improvement to physicians and other health care professionals
- Instructor, corporate and governmental organizations in training in Lean, Six Sigma, process improvement, and general analytics