Ron Satterfield is an instructor in the Information Systems Decision Sciences Department of the Muma College of Business, teaching courses in statistics, operations management, and process improvement. He teaches these courses in our undergraduate, MBA, Executive MBA, MS in Business Analytics and Information Systems, and Doctorate of Business Administration programs.
Satterfield uses live-instruction, online, and blended model methods, serving both full-time students and working professionals. He also teaches in specialized certificate programs in business analytics offered to corporate interests by the Muma College of Business. His research focuses on process improvement, facility location, innovative methods for strategic planning, and the valuation of a culture of innovation in large companies. Satterfield has been profiled by Florida Trend magazine as being among the best MBA professors in Florida.
Satterfield earned a PhD in Operations Management from the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University and an MBA and BA in operations management from Eastern Illinois University. He joined USF in 1993 after several years of university-level teaching experience. His consulting background involves supply chain and analytics problems in a range of industries including healthcare delivery, municipal and financial services, industrial and consumer products, and retail grocery. Satterfield is also a board member and chair of the IT Committee for the USF Federal Credit Union. The USF Federal Credit Union is a $600 million financial institution serving more than 60,000 members of the USF community throughout the Bay Area as well as employees nationwide of Darden Restaurants and Red Lobster Restaurants.
- QMB-2100 Statistics for Business and Economics I
- ISM-3431 Operations and Supply Chain Processes
- QMB-6603 Operations Management and Quality Enhancement (MBA and EMBA Programs)
- QMB-6305 Managerial Decision Analysis
- ISM-6436 Operations and Supply Chain Processes
- GEB-6527 Lean Six Sigma (MBA and EMBA Programs)
- Board Member, USF Federal Credit Union
- Chair, IT Committee, USF Federal Credit Union
- Past Chair, Supervisory Committee, USF Federal Credit Union
- Provide instruction in Process Improvement to physicians and other healthcare professionals
- Provide corporate and governmental organizations with training in Lean, Six Sigma, Process Improvement, and general analytics