Paul Solomon is a professor in the Muma College of Business Marketing Department and in addition to spearheading the master's program in marketing, teaches graduate capstone courses. He has received USF's Outstanding Graduate Teaching Award a dozen times, recognizing excellence as an educator.
An expert in focus group research, market surveys and strategic planning for a variety of firms in the health care, entertainment, packaged goods, home building and real estate industries, Solomon has worked with firms such as Hill and Knowlton Public Relations, BayCare Hospital System, Johnson & Johnson, AAA Auto Club South, Jim Walter Homes, Jewel-Osco, Moffitt Cancer Center, Florida Blood Services, Sears, Parke-Davis, Holland & Knight, and Val-Pak. His research in promotion and services marketing has been published extensively in the Journal of Marketing, the Journal of Marketing Research, the Journal of Advertising, the Journal of Advertising Research, the Journal of Accountancy, the Journal of Retailing, the Journal of Business and the Journal of Nonprofit & Public Sector Marketing, among others. He has provided expert witness testimony on legal and marketing issues, including anti-trust (U.S. Department of Justice), direct mail, sales tactics and trademark infringement.
Solomon earned a PhD from Arizona State University and two degrees from the University of Denver. He previously served as associate dean of graduate studies at the University of Texas at Arlington. He also served as director of research for a mid-sized advertising agency and owned/operated a marketing research firm.
- GEB 6895 - Integrated Business Applications
- MAR 6815 - Marketing Management
- Paul J. Solomon, Robert J. Riggle and Andy Artis., (2016), “The Impact of Perceived Organizational Support on Salesperson Psychological And Behavioral Work Outcomes,” International Journal of Management Research and Business Strategy, Vol. 4 No. 1, pp 135-146.
- François A. Carrillat; Paul J. Solomon; Alain d' Astous. (2015), “Brand Stereotyping and Image Transfer in Concurrent Sponsorships,” Journal of Advertising, Volume 44, Issue 4, pp 300-314. Co-authors François A. Carrillat; Paul J. Solomon; Alain d' Astous
- “Outcomes of Innovation Education and Training for Healthcare Students,” presented at the USABE Conference in Dublin, Ireland, June 2014, with co-presenters-J Patel, S Ranjit, S. Kovacs, W. Marshall.
- Paul J. Solomon, Boyer, B. Baker and D. Edmondson, (2014), "Word of Mouth, Traditional and Covert Marketing: Comparative Studies," Academy of Marketing Studies Journal, pp 1-15.
- Paul J. Solomon, S. Boyer, A. Artis, D. Fleming, (2014), "The Impact of Perceived Organizational Support on Self-Directed Learning in Sales Training,” Journal of Marketing Channels, Vol. 21:2, pp.65-76.
- Director, MS program in marketing
- Member, Graduate Policy Committee
- Chair, two search committees
- Member, curriculum committee for new advertising program in business.