Certification Exam Support
With the goal of helping our students in their efforts to acquire professionally marketable knowledge and skills, the department has developed a certification exam support program that refunds the costs of relevant certification exams for students in the department's degree programs. This fund is made possible by the generous support of our local industry partners. Exam support is on a first-come-first-serve basis while funds last. Availability of funds may be inquired from the department front office.
To ensure that the limited available funds are used judiciously, the award requires that all the following conditions be met. Students are often very creative in making the case for support (and rightly so!), therefore the department reserves the right to update these conditions retro-actively as new information becomes available. If in doubt, please confirm with your program's academic director before taking the certification exam.
- The student's primary major at the time of taking the exam is from the Information Systems Decision Sciences department (currently Business Analytics & Information Systems and Management)
- The certificate is included in the list of certificates below. If not, the certificate must be directly related to the academic program and be approved by the program's academic director prior to taking the exam
- The student uses his/ her USF email address and affiliation to register for the exam
- The registration fee takes the benefits of all academic discounts (only the academic price for the certification exam will be awarded)
- The student passes the certificate examination
Currently, the following certificates are covered by the certification exam support program.
- SAS® Certified Base Programmer
- CCA Spark and Hadoop Developer Exam
- Cloudera Certified Administrator for Apache Hadoop (CCAH)
- DataStax Professional Certification on Apache Cassandra™
- Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) Certificate
- Microsoft Technology Associate
- Certified Professional in Python Programming
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
- AWS Certified Developer – Associate
- AWS Certified Big Data – Specialty
Thanks to generous support from: