Info sessions provide an opportunity for employers who are actively hiring to share details about full-time, part-time, and internship opportunities. Held on campus, most info sessions are brief and provide information on current and upcoming job openings as well as tips on how to obtain a job within the company and ample opportunity for students to ask questions.
Usually held from 5-6 p.m., attire for most sessions is business casual (though some do require professional dress).
Most info sessions include a short PowerPoint presentation on the company and hiring opportunities.
Employers are encouraged to make the info session a dialogue and allow students to ask questions during the presentation. Employers also generally allow 10-15 minutes after the presentation for one-on-one questions.
Companies hosting information sessions at the Muma College of Business frequently do so to promote on-campus interviews at USF Career Services. Students register for interviews at the Career Services website.
- Even in a technology-driven world, companies value face-to-face interactions. Information sessions provide that, and almost always include opportunities for you to meet hiring representatives in person. You'll frequently learn information that might not be found on a website as well as tips for landing an interview.
- Bring a résumé (several copies).
- Dress in business casual attire unless promotional materials note that professional dress is required. Casual attire is never appropriate.
- Arriving on time and staying for the full presentation is strongly encouraged, but companies are aware that there may be some whose work and class commitments necessitate late arrival or early departure.Please enter/leave the session quietly.
- Come prepared to ask questions.