Career Fairs and Events
Careers & Coffee
WHAT IS CAREERS & COFFEE?
Are you interested in becoming an honorary barista for a day by hosting Careers & Coffee? During Careers & Coffee, USF students are invited to drop by, grab a cup of freshly poured coffee, and chat with representatives from your organization!
Due to its location at the Marshall Student Center, this event is ideal for full-time employment opportunities spanning more than one major or discipline. Careers & Coffee is open to all students from the USF system; students are informed that casual or business casual attire is appropriate for this popular event and resumes are not required.
Note: This location is not ideal for those looking to recruit students specifically
within the College of Engineering. If you are interested in recruiting engineering
students, consider registering for an Employer Spotlight in the College of Engineering.
When: Select Thursdays throughout the fall and spring semesters, from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.
Fall 2019 - Please note all Careers & Coffee sessions are booked for the Fall 2019 semester. If you are still interested in recruiting on-campus with us, we suggest registering for an Employer Spotlight in the Library Job Shop.
- Thursday, September 26, 2019: A-LIGN
- Thursday, October 3, 2019: Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Thursday, October 24, 2019: USAA
- Thursday, October 31, 2019: Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation (DTCC)
- Thursday, November 7, 2019: AAA The Auto Club Group - Tampa Administrative Offices
Spring 2020 - Registration opening soon, see below for details!
- Thursday, February 13, 2020
- Thursday, February 27, 2020
- Thursday, March 5, 2020
- Thursday, April 2, 2020
- Thursday, April 16, 2020
Where: Marshall Student Center Atrium (near the Clock Tower), 4103 USF Cedar Circle, Tampa, Florida 33620
Who: Organizations interested in meeting with students from across all majors to discuss full-time employment opportunities.
Cost: Please see below for the full breakdown of registration information, including fees, timelines, policies, and more.
REGISTER FOR AN EVENT - spring 2020 Registration opens 11/4/2019!
To register for Careers & Coffee, you must have an ACTIVE Handshake account and be connected with "University of South Florida."
Please visit the Spring 2020 Careers & Coffee page at [link coming soon], then click the Register button in the upper right corner to get started. Login or create your Handshake account to get started with submitting your fair registration.
USF Career Services assesses tiered registration fees per event based on organization type.
Corporate Organization: $125.00
Please note that corporate organizations will be charged the 8.5% sales tax for Hillsborough County, Florida. All fees listed in Handshaek include the sales tax on top of the base registration rate listed above.
Non-Profit/Government Organization: $125.00
On the registration form, please indicate your organization type when requested to ensure your registration fee does not include tax. Please note you will be asked to provide a copy of your Tax Exemption Certificate to received the tax exempt registration rate listed above.
Payment Due Date: Note that dates are limited and available first-come, first-served. Fees must be paid in full two weeks prior to the event date to hold your reservation. Your registration will not be approved until payment is made in full, and your event date may be sold if all other dates are sold out and your payment is delinquent.
Careers & Coffee registration includes the following:
- 1 Parking Permit for your organization's representative(s). Please carpool, parking is limited midday.
- 1 display table
- 3 containers of coffee, flavors may vary
- Coffee cups and condiments
- Custom Careers & Coffee signage featuring your organization's name, logo, and organization description (obtained from your Handshake profile)
- A member of our staff will greet you at the table, and assist with setting up and breaking down your display
- Wireless (Wi-Fi) access is provided to all guests at USF and this process will work on all devices, including mobile phones, laptops, and tablets. Please find Wi-Fi connection instructions here: http://bit.ly/GuestWifi.
Please note that your organization's displays and banners are encouraged, however they should be limited in size and placed beside/behind the display table so that walkways are not impeded.
Career Fair/Event Policy & Cancellation Deadline
USF Career Services has posted the "Career Fair Policy," which includes information regarding Cancellations, Refunds, and No Shows for career fairs and events. Please visit our Career Fair Policy website for full details.
All organizations, and its representatives, participating in recruitment services and/or events at the University of South Florida must abide by the Principles for Professional Conduct as outlined by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE). USF reserves the right to terminate any organization or their representative(s) who behave in an unethical or unprofessional manner.
At USF, building your employer brand is easy to do because we've made this a key part of our services for employers. You can choose to take advantage of our fairs and other ready-made events. Visit our Career Fairs & Events website for more details and to register: http://recruitevents.usfcs.info.
- Employer Recruitment Guide: We are excited to share our guide for getting started with USF Recruitment.
- Career Fairs & Events: Each semester Career Services coordinates numerous fairs and events related to employers' recruitment efforts. These events can assist you in finding qualified candidates and branding your organization on campus.
- On-Campus Interviews: Are you interested in hosting interviews with potential candidates you meet at the fair or later in the semester? On-Campus Interviews (OCIs) can be hosted at the fair, the day after the fair, or during our regular interview season. Be sure to check out the website for specific registration instructions and deadlines.
Please review the Recruiter Logistics Packet for additional event information. This document contains all event logistics necessary for planning before and participating on the day-of the event, including: timeline, directions, parking, and more.
Please visit the Careers & Coffee page at [link coming soon], then refer to the "Attachments" section on the left side of the to download the logistics packet (only available while logged in to Handshake).
DAY-OF EVENT INFORMATION
We provide access to fair and event information through Career Fair Plus! Within the app, students and employers will be able to see which organizations are attending, review company descriptions, and navigate an interactive map of the event spaces. It further provides you with recruiter-specific information, including logistics and real-time updates.
Career Fair Plus is available for both iOS and Android, please visit: https://cfplus.page.link/mzZh. We invite you to download Career Fair Plus for free today!
Please contact USF Employer Relations at RecruitUSF@usf.edu or 813-974-2171 for assistance.