On-Campus Job Fair
If you are looking for student employees to fill part-time on-campus positions, we invite you to attend the On-Campus Job Fair at the University of South Florida!
WHAT IS the on-Campus Job Fair?
The On-Campus Job Fair is for on-campus departments and vendors to recruit and hire students for their open part-time positions.
The Fall 2020 On-Campus Job Fair will be held virtually on Tuesday, August 18 from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. via Microsoft Teams.
This fair is free for all on-campus departments and vendors to participate in.
Use the directory below to quickly jump to a section:
Registration for the On-Campus Job Fair will take place in Qualtrics. Click here to begin your registration. Note that spaces are limited and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
During the fair, a representative from your department will host one 30 minute informational session. We recommend spending the first 15 minutes on a short presentation covering information about your department or organization, and the last 15 minutes for questions and answers from student attendees.
The sessions will be recorded and made available on our website for students to view after the event.
Your thirty-minute presentation will be recorded and placed online for students to view on their own time. As you prepare your presentation here are a few tips and tricks to connect with students, and to leave the best impression:
- Dress professionally and smile: It’s always best to set the standard for student employees. They will be looking out for a professional and welcoming department.
- Share detailed information about your department: Students will be attending to learn more about what your department does, as well as what positions you have available. This is your time to shine, so be sure to share all the good you are up to!
- Have the supervisor available to answer questions: Students will want to meet and connect with the staff member(s) that will be supervising them. Make the time and space for students to get to know you.
- Share where they can apply for the job: Whether your posting is on Careers@USF, Handshake, or both, it is important to let students know where they can apply. Providing the title of the posting, the link to it or JobID number, and job description are all appropriate ways to market the posting during your virtual job fair session.
- Share some of your cultural norms: Talk about the ways that your department's full-time and student staff connects on a regular basis, and what students will have to look forward to from the team. Promote your department as a friendly and welcoming work environment.
- Provide mentorship opportunity within the job: Engaged Student Employment is a great way to not only connect with your student employees, but it is a great way to help them to develop their skills. For more information on Engaged Student Employment, click here.
If you would like more assistance with the development of your presentation for the On-Campus Job Fair please email Eric Rivera, Coordinator of Student Employment at, firstname.lastname@example.org.