Intern For A Day
The Intern For A Day program is a great way for you to get your students connected to the work our local employers do, by giving them a close look at the career they may be considering and a direct connection between the work they do in your class and the workplace.
Benefits of the Intern For A Day program include:
- Students are exposed to careers and organizations in the Tampa Bay area
- Students make meaningful connections between their work in your college or department and their future career path
- Students begin to build their network with industry professionals in their field of interest within the Tampa Bay area
- Faculty establish long-term partnerships with Tampa Bay organizations
- Faculty gain the opportunity to inform and influence local recruiting and hiring
- Employers develop an early source for talent development for internship programs and full-time employment
The Office of Internships & Career Readiness can help you make your class or student group's Intern For A Day program a success!
Finding A HOST Organization
There are many resources you can use to find appropriate organizations for your Intern For A Day program.
First, you may want to consider leveraging the relationships with Tampa Bay organizations who currently host robust internship programs or regularly recruit your students. Your college or department may already have a list of these organizations.
Then, you can use Handshake to research other organizations that are in industries related to your degree programs. Not in Handshake? Click here to get started.
While Handshake will give you a good idea of which local organizations are already thinking about recruiting from USF, LinkedIn may be another good way to reach out to those who may be interested in hosting an Intern For A Day program. You can use LinkedIn's messaging feature to reach out to USF Alumni in industries related to your college or department.
Need help figuring out where to start? Connect with the Office of Internships & Career Readiness.
Resources for a Successful Intern For A Day Program
Suggested Timeline [PDF]