Presentations and Classroom Assignments
We encourage you to incorporate career-related assignments into your curriculum and welcome the opportunity to discuss ways we can assist you in making this a good learning experience for your students. If you add assignments that require students to use Career Services (i.e. have a resume critiqued through Career Express, use materials in the resource room, request an appointment) we ask that you notify us about the assignment and the date the assignment is due. This will not only ensure the staff is aware of the assignment but it will also help us prepare for those time periods where there may be increased student traffic, due to a specific assignment.
Career Services welcomes the opportunity to bring career information into your classroom.
Our presentation portfolio includes the following topics:
Career Services Overview
• An Overview of Career Services Programs, Services and Events
Career Planning and Exploration
- Choosing a Career/Major
- What Can I Do with a Major In...?
- Researching Majors/Occupations
- MyPlan / Major Possibilities Interpretation
- Career Readiness Badging Program Orientation
• Skills Identification
• Completing the Job Application
• Career Fair Tips: How to Make the Most of a Career Networking Fair
• Writing a Professional Resume & Cover Letter
• Interview Tips
• Job Search Strategies
• LinkedIn: Establishing a Professional Online Image
• Developing a Professional Brand
Presentation Day/Time Options
Presentations may be requested for your classes to occur: Monday through Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday presentations will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Due to heavy demands for presentations, please submit your request at least ten business days before your requested presentation date. Once a presenter has been confirmed, you will receive an e-mail with the name of staff member conducting the presentation.
Presentation requests during Prepare for the Fairs Week, Career Fair Week, and Thanksgiving Week will be accepted on a case-by-case basis.
Request a Presentation
Please click here to request a presentation.