Use the directory to jump to a section quickly:
What is Handshake? | Who Can Use Handshake? | Getting Started | Getting Help
What is Handshake?
Handshake is the online career management system for students of the University of South Florida.
In addition to being the place where you can search and apply for internships, Co-op, part-time, and full-time jobs, you can also use Handshake to:
- Upload a resume and complete your online career profile
- Allow your online career profile and resume to be viewable by employers
- Keep track of your appointments with Career Services in one location
- Learn which employers are attending upcoming Career & Internship Fairs
- View upcoming local and on-campus career events
- Research contact information for local and national employers
- Search for and apply to open positions
Who Can use Handshake?
- Only current USF students and alumni can access Handshake.
- USF students must access their accounts via their home campus as each campus has a separate instance of Handshake.
- USF alumni can access Handshake for free. Each campus has a slightly different approach to alumni access, so be sure to contact representatives from your campus in order to determine how you can access your account.
- If you experience issues logging in, please submit this quick account creation form, regardless of which campus you attend. Do NOT attempt to create your own account as it will not be fully connected to USF and you will not be able to see positions, events, or appointments.
USF Tampa Students and Alumni
- All active USF Tampa students have an account created for them at the start of their first semester at the Tampa campus.
- To access your account for the first time, log into MyUSF and under the My Resources tab, choose the option to "Find A Job (Handshake)." This will log you into Handshake automatically.
- Alternatively, you can click here to login to Handshake from their login screen.
- USF alumni who were enrolled on or after July 2016 should already have an existing Handshake account. Alumni who graduated prior to July 2016 may not have an account.
- If you do not have an account, or if you experience issues while attempting to login, please submit this quick account creation form.
- If you need updates made to your account, please email us at CareerServices@usf.edu for assistance.
Need help getting started? Check out our Handshake Quick Guide here. [PDF]
USF St. Petersburg Students
USF Sarasota-Manatee Students
Get Started in Three Easy Steps
Handshake can be really easy to use if you follow these three easy steps!
STEP ONE: Upload Your Resume
Click here for instructions on how to upload a document to your Handshake profile. We recommend uploading a PDF for best results.
STEP TWO: Build Your Profile
With the touch of a button, Handshake allows you to build your profile using the resume you just uploaded. Click here to learn how! Make sure to review and approve what Handshake builds out for you.
STEP THREE: Make Your Profile Visible
You can change your profile settings so that it is visible to employers and other students or alumni. Profiles are automatically set to private, but you can choose to make them visible in order to help you get noticed by employers or engage with other students on the platform.
Handshake recommends using the Community profile visibility setting, espcially when attending virtual career fairs, as this will allow you to participate in all fair sessions and engage with other students and alumni!
Pro-Tip: Update Your Career Interests
Have you changed your major? Considered a new career path? Wanted to work in a new city? Update your career interests! Handshake uses the data you provide here to refer relevant opportunities to you, so it's important to update this when things change. You can update your interests as often as you need to.
How can you get help with Handshake?
If you experience issues logging in, please submit this quick account creation form, regardless of which campus you attend. Do NOT attempt to create your own account as it will not be fully connected to USF and you will not be able to see positions, events, or appointments.
If you need updates made to your account, please email us at CareerServices@usf.edu for assistance.
If you need additional support, contact Career Services for assistance with Handshake!
Call: (813) 974-2171
Visit: SVC 2088
Looking for information about the Summer 2016 transition to Handshake?
We've saved all of the information from our transition and moved it to an archives page here on Handshake Headquarters. Click here to access the page.