Global Innovation to Disrupt Human Trafficking
Directions & FAQ
This event will take place in the Marshall Student Center (MSC) on the USF Tampa Campus.
Directions to the MSC can be found here. If you experience issues traveling to the MSC on the day of the event, please call
(813) 974-2171, FL Relay 711, for assistance.
Frequently asked questions
What is Human Trafficking?
"Human trafficking and modern-day slavery are umbrella terms – often used interchangeably – that refers to the exploitation of individuals through threat or use of force, coercion, abduction, fraud, and/or deception. 40 million people annually are impacted by one of these types of trafficking globally. It includes the practices of forced labor, debt bondage, domestic servitude, forced marriage, sex trafficking, child sex trafficking, and the recruitment and use of child soldiers, among others." - Human Trafficking Search
Where should I park on campus, and how can I get a parking pass?
Paid parking is available in nearby lots and parking garages. Visit USF Parking & Transportation Services for more information.
Who should attend this Forum?
We encourage ALL who care deeply about the issue of human trafficking, or have great interest in better understanding the issue of human trafficking, to register for and attend this forum. The event is free and open to all USF students, faculty, staff, and interested community members and professional practitioners.
Will there be refreshments at this Forum?
Complimentary lunch tickets will be provided to the first 100 people who indicate they will be attending the lunch portion of the Forum. For those who were not able to secure a lunch ticket as part of their registration, brown bag lunches are encouraged. Light refreshments will be provided. The MSC also has a Food Court. Click here to see available dining options.
How can I become involved?
The following considerations constitute a short-list of suggestions for how you may become a part of the disruption to human trafficking:
- Get help for yourself or someone else you know via the confidential 24/7 National
Human Trafficking Hotline.
- Call 1-888-373-7888 TTY: 711
- Text 233733
- Live Chat via humantraffickinghotline.org
- Host a Party with Purpose, donate, or volunteer with Selah Freedom. Learn more at https://www.selahfreedom.com/getinvolved.
- Donate or volunteer with the United States Institute Against Human Trafficking
- Students: Consider becoming involved with Triumph Over Trafficking, a student organization with the aim to raise awareness around human trafficking, create opportunities for fundraising, and provide training to students to identify and assist victims of trafficking.
Who should I contact if I experience issues with registration?
You can register online for the Forum here. If you experience issues with your registration, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Someone from the Planning Committee will be in contact with you to assist you as
soon as possible.
Please send inquiries not covered in this FAQ to email@example.com. Your question will be routed to the appropriate member of the Planning Committee.