Academic Course Offerings
USF Career Services offers a Job Search course that can be taken for academic credit to help you prepare for your future.
This course may be taken online or in-person on the Tampa campus and may be taken for variable credit.
Please note that our Job Search course is only available for students with a junior or senior class standing.
The following sections are being offered:
Job Search (for juniors and seniors only) ... CRN 91225 ... IN PERSON ... MW 12:30 p.m. - 1:45 p.m.
Job Search (for juniors and seniors only) ... CRN 94890 ... ONLINE
Job Search (for Veteran Students only) ... CRN 92798 ... TBA
If you need assistance registering for our courses, please contact our Career Planning team at 813-974-2171.
In our Job Search course, students will prepare for a smooth transition to the world of work by becoming aware of the current job seeking trends and skills that will promote success in the job search process.
Your class standing must be either junior or senior to participate in this course.
If you complete this course, you will be able to:
• Understand the life cycle of career development and the skills needed to be successful
• Know what types of jobs you can seek both in and outside of your major
• Create a list of possible jobs, define geographic preferences, identify companies
• Research companies and job positions using internet and library resources
• Initiate and conduct informational interviews and job shadowing experiences
• Identify differentiating factors employers consider when looking at potential candidates such as experiential education
• Use social media to enhance your professional image and job search
• Network individually and at networking events with confidence
• Write and revise resumes, cover letters, and curriculum vitaes
• Complete job applications with attention to detail
• Know what to do before, during, and after the interview process to promote job search success
• Negotiate job offers