Our Commitment to Your Success
The University of South Florida values experiential learning as a key component to a student's undergraduate and career success. Internships, Co-op, service learning, research, and extended volunteering can help students build confidence in their choice of major and career path. Experiential learning also helps students to become "career-ready" by developing the critical transferable skills that prospective employers seek in candidates across industries.
Log in to Handshake using My USF and make sure your profile is up to date and has a current resume.
Benefits of an Internship Course also include:
- Development of transferrable essential skills that can help you build and launch your career
- Feedback to support your growth as a professional
- A campus resource if/when you need support during your internship
Course options include:
- An academic internship course in your major (if available) - see your academic advisor for details
- IDS 3947 - Cooperative Internship - through Career Services
- Can be taken for 0-3 credits and repeated for up to 6 credits (the 0 credit option is helpful when the internship is unpaid)
- Can be used for internships that are on or off campus and for global internships
- Credits may serve as elective credit and do not count as "excess" credits
- Available on regular or alternate course schedules, so if your internship starts after add/drop, you can still enroll!
If you would like to register for the IDS 3947 Internship Course, your first step is to request a permit by completing this online form. Click here to get started!
Do you have questions about:
- Internship offers and next steps?
- Enrollment in Career Services Internship (IDS 3947/6940) or Co-op (IDS 3949/4949) courses?
- International Students CPT course enrollment options?
Weekly Virtual Drop-In Hours:
- Tuesday, 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are looking for assistance in finding an internship, please do not use Diane’s Virtual Drop-In Hours. Visit our Career Services website for the appropriate resources to assist you with your search.