How to Apply
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Hold a bachelors degree from a regionally accredited university or college
- Have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- Work in the criminal justice field
NOTE: The GRE is not required
If you meet the above criteria, follow the steps below to apply:
- Complete an online application
- Unofficial Transcripts: Upload unofficial copies of transcripts with the online application to expedite the processing of your applications. If accepted, you will be required to submit official transcripts from all institutions of higher learning attended to the Admissions Office.
- Recommendation Letters: Submit two recommendation letters attesting to the applicant's abilities to succeed at the graduate level. These letters should come from academic sources or criminal justice professionals familiar with the quality of the applicant's college-level work and indicate his/her graduate program potential. Letters are submitted through the online application system, letter writers should be asked to submit them as PDF files on university or agency letterhead.
- Statement of Purpose: Upload your statement of purpose through the online application detailing the reason for seeking admission to the MACJA program and future career plans (250-500 words).
Contact Information:Dr. Max Bromley MACJA Program Director, Associate Professor (813) 974-7281 Send email Mailing Address: Department of Criminology - SOC 107 University of South Florida 4202 E. Fowler Ave. Tampa, Florida 33620-8100