Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Criminology
(Traditional Program: Online or In-Person)
USF’s undergraduate degree in Criminology provides students with an in-depth exposure to all facets of the criminal justice system and prepares students for a wide array of career options.
Benefits of the Traditional Degree Program
- Ability to complete the degree entirely online, entirely in-person, or a blending of both.
- Access to facilities
- Options to tailor your program specific to your career needs
Applying to USF:
The BA in Criminology is not a special access program. Students will need to meet the requirements set forth by the USF Admissions office. For more information on transfer student admission requirements, please click here.
If you meet the admissions requirements and receive a letter of acceptance from Admissions, you will be eligible to declare a major in Criminology. Completing an A.A. from a Florida College System Institution prior to transfer is helpful, but not required.
Students transferring with an A.A. degree from a Florida College System Institution:
- Will transfer in at the Junior level
- Will not need to meet USF general education requirements
- Will be exempt from the USF Summer requirement.
- Can generally complete the degree within 60 credits or two years of full-time enrollment
Students without an AA degree from a Florida College System Institution:
- Will need to meet USF general education requirements in addition to other USF requirements
- Might take longer than 60 credits or two years to complete the degree
Foreign Language Exit Requirement (FLEX):
- All B.A. degrees at USF require students to show proficiency in a foreign language to graduate. This can be accomplished by taking two semesters of the same foreign language in college (either prior to transfer or at USF) or by demonstrating proficiency by taking a foreign language exam if the student speaks a second language.
Traditional Program Online Option:
The traditional BA in Criminology can be completed entirely online, except for USF Orientation, which must be completed in-person. General Education and Foreign Language options might be more limited, but it is still possible to complete these and the criminology major courses entirely online.
Online 2 + 2 Program
- Geared for students who live out of town and are unable to ever come to campus
- Degree can be completed within 60 credits or two years of full-time enrollment at USF
- A.A. degree from a Florida College System Institution
- Fulfilled USF foreign language entrance and exit requirements
- Minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA in overall college-level coursework. Competitive applicants should have a 3.0 GPA.
Note: If you don’t meet the admission requirements for the Online 2+2 Program, you can still apply to the regular B.A. Criminology degree and will still be able to complete the degree online.