Advanced Standing MSW - Tampa Campus
The Tampa Campus Classroom Based MSW program is designed to prepare professionals to become tomorrow’s leaders in social work clinical practice. Our USF MSW Programs are built upon a strong foundation of social work ethics, values and professional standards, followed by advanced scholarly study in preparation for clinical social work with individuals, families, groups and communities.
Our program is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) and Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
Must hold a Bachelor’s in Social Work (BSW) from a CSWE accredited institution, earned within the last five years, from a regionally accredited institution and hold a minimum grade of B- in all previous social work courses and overall 3.0 GPA in undergraduate courses.
Full-Time Advanced Standing: 3 semesters, 35 credit hours
Part-Time Advanced Standing: 5 semesters, 35 credit hours
Submit completed Graduate Admissions Application to USF Graduate Admissions in addition to:
- Non-refundable $30 application fee
- Official Transcripts mailed from eachuniversity you have attended (No transcripts required for USF graduates)
- School of Social Work Application
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation (At least one academic and one professional)
- Statement of Purpose (500 words maximum)
- Essay on a Social Problem (500 words maximum)
- No GRE Required (with a 3.0 or higher GPA)
For additional information, contact:
Lianna "Lou" Hernandez, MSW, RCSWI, Academic Services Administrator