The university’s Summer 2020 Virtual Commencement begins online on Saturday, August 8 at 9:00 AM.
This semester, the ceremonies will be based by college, instead of a student’s home campus as was done in the spring. Each ceremony will include remarks from President Currall, Provost Wilcox, Student Body President Mitchell, as well as recognition of students by name by their college’s leadership.
Student names were automatically included in the Virtual Commencement so long as the student applied to graduate on OASIS by the Registrar’s Office extended deadline of July 6; the student must also not have total privacy selected over their student records.
For further information please email us.
Frequently Asked Questions
Effective July 1, the USF System consolidated under a single accreditation as one USF, resulting in a final college structure of the Virtual Commencement that includes the following:
- College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Behavioral and Community Sciences
- Muma College of Business
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- Patel College of Global Sustainability
- College of Graduate Studies*
- College of Marine Science
- Morsani College of Medicine
- College of Nursing
- Taneja College of Pharmacy
- College of Public Health
- College of The Arts
- Office of Undergraduate Studies*
*The College of Graduate Studies and Office of Undergraduate Studies will have a combined ceremony that will include graduate recognition from Provost Wilcox.
Students from former USFSP and USFSM colleges should contact their academic advisor for information on their new college for their degree program.
Student names were automatically included in the Virtual Commencement so long as the student applied to graduate on OASIS by the Registrar’s Office extended deadline of July 6; the student must also not have total privacy selected over their student records. To see if you applied on time or receive further information about your graduation application, please email the Registrar’s Office.
Yes! Summer 2020 graduates only may request to have a program mailed to them. The form is found here and must be completed by Sunday, August 9 at 11:59 PM.
July 22 Update
We are writing with further updates for our upcoming Virtual Commencement.
Our Summer 2020 Virtual Commencement ceremonies will be available on Saturday, August 8 at 9:00 AM on our website. The ceremonies will be available for replay on our website through the fall semester.
Requests to receive a hard copy of the Summer 2020 Commencement program can be made here. Every graduate will receive one copy of the program and they will be mailed in the few weeks following our Virtual Commencement. Requests should be completed via the online form by 11:59 PM on Sunday, August 9.
We also want to share the various ways that graduates and families can interact with the university, and each other, via social media!
- Decorate your virtual grad cap – beginning Thursday, July 30
- Visit @usouthflorida for a template to create your masterpiece.
- Save the blank template, then upload and decorate using text, gifs and/or stickers.
- Instagram grad filters
- Visit @usouthflorida to find multiple grad filters and effects to celebrate your accomplishment.
- Choose your favorite (or multiple!) – click the effect and download/save using the downward arrow on the bottom right.
- Within Instagram, click to record a video or snap your photo – your newly downloaded grad filter should now appear on the bottom of your screen as an option to use.
- Virtual stage crossing – your stage, your way, on Saturday, August 8
- Celebrate your own stage crossing in your way – wear regalia if you have it, if not, no worries! Feel free to include a pet if you want!
- Record a video of your virtual stage crossing – in your backyard, your living room, your kitchen – anywhere you can express yourself!
- Share on your Instagram story and be sure to tag @usouthflorida!