Regalia & Sashes
FALL 2020 VIRTUAL COMMENCEMENT INFO
Class rings and graduation announcements can be ordered directly from Herff Jones.
Caps, gowns, tassels, hoods and diploma frames can be ordered directly from the USF Bookstore.
- Bachelor's and master's regalia are available in store for immediate pick-up or can be ordered online.
- Doctoral regalia can be purchased in person at the USF Bookstore or rented online.
- Please note that honors medallions for fall 2020 undergraduate students will be available for purchase approximately two weeks prior to the end of the semester once the Registrar's Office has provided the list of qualifying students
- Honors sashes for undergraduate students must be ordered by October 23 from the Bookstore via the order form.
Regalia (Cap & Gown)
Regalia (a cap with tassel and gown for bachelor’s students and a cap with tassel, gown, and hood for master’s and doctoral students) is required to participate in Commencement. Military uniforms may be worn in lieu of regalia.
Several companies may try to sell regalia. To be certain that you are getting the USF-approved regalia, please order from the USF Bookstore.
- Bachelor's set (cap/gown/tassel) = $68.00 plus tax
- Master's set (cap/gown/tassel/hood) = $104.00 plus tax
- Doctoral set for purchase (gown/tam/hood): $955.00 = $695 gown + $145 hood + $115 tam plus tax and shipping
- Doctoral rental option A: $215.00 = rental gown/hood, keeper tam, plus tax and shipping
- Doctoral rental option B: $318.00 = rental gown only, keeper hood and tam, plus tax and shipping
Doctoral regalia for purchase needs to be ordered six weeks prior to the date it is needed. Doctoral regalia for rental needs to be placed two weeks prior to the date it is needed.
Doctoral tams are not available for rent due to health considerations. Doctoral students can replace a tam with a mortarboard, but it is not recommended.
Honor Society Sashes
Undergraduate students who are members of official registered honor societies may opt to purchase and wear an honor sash. Each sash is custom made for each wearer. This distinction is not for all students who may be graduating with honors, but only for those who are members of honor societies.
Undergraduate students may purchase an honors medallion if their name is on the official graduating with honors list that is provided by the Registrar’s Office. Only undergraduate students wear honors medallions. Medallions are available at the Bookstore two weeks prior to Commencement.
In light of the ongoing COVID-19 situation, the Office of International Services will reach out to eligible graduates to place a sash order directly with our vendor and sashes will be shipped directly to an address provided by the student. For questions, please contact Kristen Zernick.