Disinfecting, Cleaning & PPE (8/3)
Equipment and Supplies
We have purchased and will issue two reusable and washable cloth face coverings for each student, staff and faculty member. The university is centrally purchasing and providing certain hygiene and cleaning supplies, and has installed hand sanitizer vending machines across all campus locations. Please visit the Administrative Services Coronavirus Supplies page for details on available supplies and signage, and for maps of hand sanitizer vending machine locations.
We have installed and will maintain standardized disinfecting and sanitizing supplies for all campuses and will provide disposable sanitizing wipes, spray bottles, etc., dependent on supply. Administrative Services and Facilities Management will maintain all USF standardized disinfecting and sanitizing supplies, and staff will be dedicated to monitoring and refilling the standardized sanitizer stations/bottles/kits, disposable sanitizing wipes and restroom hand washing supplies. In addition, Administrative Services and Facilities Management will assist in the procurement and distribution of additional cleaning supplies and sanitizers based on individual departmental needs.
CLEANING AND DISINFECTION
We have developed enhanced cleaning and disinfection protocols aligned with CDC guidelines and public health recommendations:
- High touch points and surfaces will be cleaned using EPA-registered products and/or CDC-approved disinfection materials effective for COVID-19.
- Hand dryers in the restrooms will be temporarily disabled.
Responsibility for enhanced cleaning/disinfection has been clearly delineated depending on the space type:
- Custodial Services will conduct enhanced cleaning and disinfection in public and common areas traditionally serviced including.
- End users and occupants will be responsible for enhanced cleaning and disinfection in private and shared offices and research labs and core/common labs.
- Educational and learning spaces, such as classrooms, teaching labs, and computer labs, will be centrally supplied with cleaning and disinfection supplies for end users and occupants to supplement custodial services between classes.
Questions? Need Supplies?
Please contact your supervisor or building manager for questions about cleaning protocol in your building and with supply requests.