Dr. Edward Fletcher
Dr. Edward Fletcher, Associate Professor and MA in Career and Technical Education Program Coordinator
Dr. Fletcher joined the program faculty in Fall 2010. He received his doctorate in Workforce Education and Development in 2009 from Ohio State University. His major area of focus in his doctoral preparation was career and technical education complemented with a minor in research methods. While at Ohio State, Dr. Fletcher was the recipient of the Outstanding PhD Student Award and his research won first place at the annual graduate research forum in 2009.
Upon graduation, Dr. Fletcher accepted an Assistant Professor position at Illinois State University where he taught business education courses in the teacher preparation program. He has also begun to establish a national and international record through publications and presentations.
Dr. Fletcher has published on topics related to career and workforce education and presented at international, national, and local levels on student participation, experiences, and outcomes related to career academies using qualitative, quantitative, and mixed method approaches. His research agenda focuses on the role and impact of career and technical education (CTE) contexts (i.e., career academies) on students schooling experiences and long-term outcomes related to postsecondary education and in the labor market. He recently served as a quantitative researcher on a $1,196,790 million NSF grant entitled PathTech. He currently is a PI on a $1,176,099 three year NSF grant entitled The IT College and CAREERS Readiness Project and Co-PI on a $933,617 NSF grant entitled PathTech LIFE.
- EVT 4651: Equity in Schools and the Workplace
- ECT 5386: Preparation and Development for Teaching
- ECT 6197: Curriculum Enhancement in Career and Technical Education
- ECT 6661: Trends and Issues in Career and Technical Education
- ECT 6766: Emerging Workplace Competencies
- ECT 6767: Improving Career and Technical Education Programs
- ECT 6948: Practicum in Career and Technical Education
- ECW 6206: Supervision of Local Programs
- ECW 6695: School & Community Relations
- ECW 7066: Foundations and Philosophies of Career and Workforce Education
- ECW 7168: Instructional Development in Career and Workforce Education
- ECW 7105: Career and Workforce Education Program Planning and Implementation